1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '13 19:52
    Originally posted by moon1969
    What about doing away with auto insurance and home insurance, and make shops and contractors charge their customers directly for repairs?
    Look at the cycle I described. When the other insurances create the same circle, then do away with them.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 00:58
    Originally posted by bill718
    The free market?? Oh Yes...the market where competition will "drive costs down" right? Yeah, that's the market which has priced tens of millions out of any chance for healthcare coverage. Boy...I'd sure glad we have these insurance companies and HMO's to look out for us!!🙄🙄🙄
    The freemarket is not to blame. It is the insurance companies that is the problem. Get those crooks out of the medical system altogether and medical costs will drop.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 11:13
    The free market?? Oh Yes...the market where competition will "drive costs down" right? Yeah, that's the market which has priced tens of millions out of any chance for healthcare coverage. Boy...I'd sure glad we have these insurance companies and HMO's to look out for us!!🙄🙄🙄
    Bill, the insurance industry and health care industry is about a million miles from being free market, the guvamint broke the free market with regulation and their solution for fixing it is...no surprises...more regulation.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 13:05
    Johnny- You are 100% correct! Please forgive the American lemmings. They were taught at a young age to worship the almighty Corporations above Jesus Christ. 😞
    That's because the almighty corporations are worth more than Jesus Christ.

I'd figure the Europeans would be especially receptive to that argument.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Nov '13 20:03
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The freemarket is not to blame. It is the insurance companies that is the problem. Get those crooks out of the medical system altogether and medical costs will drop.
    Not quite true. After WWII, insurance was fine. It insured risks, not know occurrences. Look up uninsurable, and you'll find that most of health care "insurance" isn't really.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree