Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Dec '12 02:54
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571436

    He's going to play the rest of his football in Europe.
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    02 Dec '12 04:20 / 1 edit
    He has plans to be a manager for one of the American soccer league teams. So it doesn't seem like he plans to "quit" "Obama's" America.
  3. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    02 Dec '12 05:12 / 2 edits
    David Beckham's also quitting George Bush's America. And George Washington's America. And Abraham Lincoln's America. What on earth has the name of the US president got to do with why someone moves to another country?

    Oh, I see. Just another excuse to sneer at a president. Is he responsible for every case of measles in America too?
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Dec '12 05:16
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Is he responsible for every case of measles in America too?
    Good point, but this thread is not about Obamacare.
  5. 02 Dec '12 14:05
    I guess the fact that this is not recognized as satire speaks volumes about US political discourse.
  6. 02 Dec '12 16:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571436

    He's going to play the rest of his football in Europe.
  7. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    02 Dec '12 16:28
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He said something about wanting to have one more chance to play in the European Champions League.
  8. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    02 Dec '12 16:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I guess the fact that this is not recognized as satire speaks volumes about US political discourse.
    All it means is that some are not familiar with FMF's shenanigans.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Dec '12 19:40
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    All it means is that some are not familiar with FMF's shenanigans.
    Hey, SG! Buddy! where ya been? Licking wounds over the election, I presume?
  10. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    02 Dec '12 19:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    Hey, SG! Buddy! where ya been? Licking wounds over the election, I presume?
    I'd call it grieving, actually. Still in the early stages too.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Dec '12 20:25
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I'd call it grieving, actually. Still in the early stages too.
    Welcome back. See the sorts of threads you've been missing??

    While you've been away I've gained two stalkers and a couple of death references. You've been missing all the fun, buddy.
  12. 02 Dec '12 22:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Good point, but this thread is not about Obamacare.
    What is it about then, death panels?
  13. 02 Dec '12 22:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I'd call it grieving, actually. Still in the early stages too.
    Stop your sulking.

    Grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the plummet into the abyss!!!

    Weeeee!!!!!!
  14. 02 Dec '12 23:57
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I guess the fact that this is not recognized as satire speaks volumes about US political discourse.
    Sometimes the line between FMF's 'satire' and outright lies is slim indeed.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    03 Dec '12 00:10
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Sometimes the line between FMF's 'satire' and outright lies is slim indeed.
    "David Beckham crowned five and a half years at LA Galaxy by retaining the MLS Cup with a 3-1 win over Houston Dynamo in his final game." [BBC] He has talked about about wanting to have one more chance to play in the European Champions League, so his stint playing in the U.S. certainly appears to be over.