04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 17:36
    https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/1065291512597159936?s=19

In the US, of course.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 17:47
    Clearly a worthy sacrifice for upsetting the liberals.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 17:49
    @zahlanzi said

In the US, of course.
    very sad
    many more to follow
    only in America
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:071 edit
    As I understand it America is the wealthiest country in the world; tell me again why comprehensive healthcare isn't unilaterally provided free of charge to all citizens?
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:12
    @divegeester said
    As I understand it America is the wealthiest country in the world; tell me again why comprehensive healthcare isn't unilaterally provided free of charge to all citizens?
    because America is morally bankrupt and the election of Trump, well what more is there to say
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:14
    @lemondrop said
    because America is morally bankrupt and the election of Trump, well what more is there to say
    I don't accept that generalisation and Trump cannot be blamed for everything.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:16
    @divegeester said
    I don't accept that generalisation and Trump cannot be blamed for everything.
    that's the way it is
    if Trump supported health care for all
    we would have it
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:26
    @divegeester said
    There is no such thing as providing for free of charge. It would be far more accurate for you to say that you wish other tax payers would pay for him. Furthermore, Medicaid covers the medical expenses of the poor... so you are asking for tax payers to pay for someone who could afford his medicine but wished to use it elsewhere.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:33
    @quackquack said
    There is no such thing as providing for free of charge. It would be far more accurate for you to say that you wish other tax payers would pay for him. Furthermore, Medicaid covers the medical expenses of the poor... so you are asking for tax payers to pay for someone who could afford his medicine but wished to use it elsewhere.
    I see. So you think Sanders has made up the case cited in the OP?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:36
    @divegeester said
    The main reason is that bribery is legal in the United States, so that health insurance companies can simply bribe politicians to oppose common sense reforms to ensure efficiency and access to health care.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 18:541 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    The main reason is that bribery is legal in the United States, so that health insurance companies can simply bribe politicians to oppose common sense reforms to ensure efficiency and access to health care.
    Bribery obviously isn't legal but I understand your exaggeration There are many groups that have influence .... many of which want more health care. Unions "bribe" politicians quid pro quo style more than any other group and they have an interest in increasing access to health care for their members and pharmaceutical companies which also lobby extensively and have an interest in increased access to health care so they can make more sales.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 19:151 edit
    @zahlanzi said

In the US, of course.
    But....but......but.....Obamacare.

Still can't own it, can ya?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 19:25
    @divegeester said
    Yeah, and Americans want to know why, too.

The problem is that a lot of politicians are in the pocket of Big Pharma.

I take Humalog, and yes, it's gotten more expensive. Fortunately, I have good insurance, but the deductibles are just too high.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 19:271 edit
    @quackquack said
    F***ing Republicans.

How do you sleep at night?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree