1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 02:47
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I wasn't looking for a chuckle. It is a shoocking thing to report and I came across it yesterday reading a history "The Invention of Childhood" by Hugh Cunningham. However it was intended to convey my extreme disagreement with your extreme thinking.

The level of punishment for gun crime in Britain, however severe, falls way short of extreme. Clearly ext ...[text shortened]... and get very hot under the collar about it but that is a law this country wants and supports.
    It is shocking. Especially considering she was just a child. I don't think if someone kills a person with a gun or anything else for that matter for personal gain or hate and get extreme punishment is wrong. Is it extreme thinking to be for harsh punishment for wanting those that commit such crimes to be punished severely and make them accountable for their actions in a way that will deter others from that behavior? I do see how gun control is used by police as a tool, however why punish those who don't use firearms in crimes for the actions of a few? Do you think that someone who risks getting caught killing someone is worried more about getting caught with a firearm? The criminals will be the only ones carrying them.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 20:13
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Absolutely. In the Eighteenth Century a seven year old girl in Norwich was hanged for stealing a petticoat and you know what, she never did that again. Extreme punishment is clearly the way forward.
    Was there a lot of gun crime involved in that case?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 20:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Sounds like an opportunity for some criminals to move in and take over!

Looks like the Jamaicans are on the job. How did this yardie get an automatic? Even our gun slaughters don't tend to involve automatic weapons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/859574.stm

Here's something more recent, and more professionally done:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-19003129
    Is nothing sacred.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/05/shootings-us-cities-independence-day
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 21:16
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Is nothing sacred.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/05/shootings-us-cities-independence-day
    The 4th of July is an excellent time to take people out. Lots of loud bangs mean gunshots are ignored by most people.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 21:21
    The 4th of July is an excellent time to take people out. Lots of loud bangs mean gunshots are ignored by most people.
    Being a brit I would'nt last 10 seconds on the street, the minutemen would cap my ass.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 21:28
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Being a brit I would'nt last 10 seconds on the street, the minutemen would cap my ass.
    Nah, they love the English these days. Besides these killings aren't arbritrary. People are targetting specific individuals or organizations.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Aug '12 21:35
    Nah, they love the English these days. Besides these killings aren't arbritrary. People are targetting specific individuals or organizations.
    Taking care of business, like in Peckham, n Bournemouth, Bournemouth is like an old peoples home, if you aint safe there you aint safe anywhere.
  8. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 00:481 edit
    I could really care less about what happens in the UK.......
    first thing that pops in to mind, is our sharp shooters popping off their commanders in the revolutionary war,, and them screaming, that's not bloody fair.... well then turn your horses around and get the hell outta here..
    :-)
    yes I am crazy...
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 08:03
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I could really care less about what happens in the UK.......
    Would you welcome a decline of gun crime in the U.S.? Presumably yes. Is there anything in the U.K. experience that is of interest or relevance in the U.S.?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 19:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you welcome a decline of gun crime in the U.S.? Presumably yes. Is there anything in the U.K. experience that is of interest or relevance in the U.S.?
    Considering that targetting commanders with sharpshooters was considered "gun crime" at the time, perhaps he would not welcome such a decline.
  11. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 21:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    what I would welcome here in the US, is more people with concealed carry weapons, and someone actually whacking a few of these guys BEFORE they kill innocent people... it happens daily, but doesn't deserve media coverage because of left wing media groups.... for that you have to subscribe to American Rifleman, this months page,, the armed citizen offers 8 such stories that you won't read about or hear about anywhere else...
    we all die, seldom get to choose how....
    hey, I had someone come in my house in the spring, boy was that a surprise.... guns were locked up, the dog was not..:-)
    Loved the Olympic games. You guys did a wonderful job of hosting them.... :-)
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 21:51
    I would tend to agree here.... somewhat like the killings in Mexico, smaller scale perhaps..
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 21:57
    I would tend to agree here.... somewhat like the killings in Mexico, smaller scale perhaps..
    I think the Mexican cartel thugs are unnecessarily brutal which is harder to get away with here. Brutality gets weeded out in the US to a greater extent by rival organizations and the goverrnment.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '12 23:17
    what I would welcome here in the US, is more people with concealed carry weapons, and someone actually whacking a few of these guys BEFORE they kill innocent people... it happens daily, but doesn't deserve media coverage because of left wing media groups.... for that you have to subscribe to American Rifleman, this months page,, the armed citizen offers 8 ...[text shortened]... og was not..:-)
    Loved the Olympic games. You guys did a wonderful job of hosting them.... :-)
    the american riflemen, part of the nra. are they more or less likely to give an unbiased response towards gun-crime than left wing tv?
  15. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '12 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    the american riflemen, part of the nra. are they more or less likely to give an unbiased response towards gun-crime than left wing tv?
    no,,,, These are stories taken from local newspapers about the country...
    York daily record-Elizabeth PA,,, The Telegraph-Macon Georgia,,, Express-Times Bethlehelm PA,,,, San Francisco Chronicle Vallejo Ca,,,, Upper Michigan Source Marquette MI,,,,, Knoxville News-Crossville TN,,,, Fox16, Little Rock AR.

written by the local papers,, not the magazine.

People have been killing people since creation..... McVie didn't need a gun to kill the people in Oklahoma City..just an imagination, and time. Jack the Ripper used a knife,

if guns kill people, spoons make people fat.

I dare say more people are killed daily while texting on cell phones, than by a bullet from a gun.

Texting While Driving Statistics

About 6,000 deaths and a half a million injuries are caused by distracted drivers every year.
    While teenagers are texting, they spend about 10 percent of the time outside the driving lane they’re supposed to be in.
    Talking on a cell phone while driving can make a young driver’s reaction time as slow as that of a 70-year-old.
    Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. That is enough time to travel the length of a football field.\
    so in our society, the gunshot victim gets the news, the people killed while distracted
    by cell phones seems to go un-noticed.... it's just not "real" news?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree