Deep Work

Standard membermchill
Debates 17 Dec '18 16:21
  1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 16:21
    I'm not a natural reader, but I know making good reading choices and reading everyday is a smart idea, thank GOD for audiobooks! The book Deep Work by Cal Newport is a must read for anyone who wants to succeed in today's digital age. Whether you're a lawyer, computer programmer or a yoga instructor those who will thrive now and in the future must have 2 abilities: 1. The ability to master hard things quickly, 2. Producing at an elite level. This book gives some excellent examples of the value of deep work, encourages is make our work and home environments as distraction free as possible and to concentrate on only one thing for extended periods of time (a rule which I'm violating taking the time to write this) This book is a slap in the face to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram all social media, and the those who encourage us to multitask, things which fragment our attention, dilutes and weakens our ability to concentrate on the really important tasks that will help us move ahead. Highly Recommended! 🙂

YouTube
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 16:291 edit
    @mchill said
    I'm not a natural reader, but I know making good reading choices and reading everyday is a smart idea, thank GOD for audiobooks! The book Deep Work by Cal Newport is a must read for anyone who wants to succeed in today's digital age. Whether you're a lawyer, computer programmer or a yoga instructor those who will thrive now and in the future must have 2 abilities: 1. The abili ...[text shortened]... t will help us move ahead. Highly Recommended! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTaJhjQHcf8
    Sounds like you are trying to be the best little worker bee you can become.

Congratulations.

You win a cookie.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 16:55
    @whodey

Thank You for the cookie Whodey. I don't dare eat it though. Still have some weight to drop.

🙂
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 23:41
    @mchill said
    I'm not a natural reader, but I know making good reading choices and reading everyday is a smart idea, thank GOD for audiobooks! The book Deep Work by Cal Newport is a must read for anyone who wants to succeed in today's digital age. Whether you're a lawyer, computer programmer or a yoga instructor those who will thrive now and in the future must have 2 abilities: 1. The abili ...[text shortened]... t will help us move ahead. Highly Recommended! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTaJhjQHcf8
    Audiobooks is NOT reading.
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 00:04
    @whodey said
    Sounds like you are trying to be the best little worker bee you can become.

Congratulations.

You win a cookie.
    You probably saw the word "elite" in the post and got snarky.

Have a cookie. 😛
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 00:402 edits
    @mghrn55

R U allowed to:
    Have children
    Let them get to know you
    Get to know them
    Teach them to ride a bike
    Go to family holiday reunions eg Thanksgiving
    Prepare one of the potluck dishes
    Look after a needy friend or relative
    Go on a second honeymoon and come back expecting
    ??
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 02:59
    @js357 said
    @mghrn55

R U allowed to:
    Have children
    Let them get to know you
    Get to know them
    Teach them to ride a bike
    Go to family holiday reunions eg Thanksgiving
    Prepare one of the potluck dishes
    Look after a needy friend or relative
    Go on a second honeymoon and come back expecting
    ??
    You can have a cookie too.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '18 05:07
    @mghrn55 said
    You can have a cookie too.
    Thanks!
  9. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Dec '18 15:352 edits
    Audiobooks is NOT reading.

@Suzianne

I apologize deeply Suzianne, yes, an audiobook is not, by strict interpretation, reading. I do however consider it better than doing nothing at all, so if I have your permission, I'll continue with my inferior efforts to educate myself.
    😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree