1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 19:00
    Originally posted by vivify
    According to historical fact, marriages started out as secular. I have no religion.
    Your religious beliefs are so strong that you believe that they are fact. Impossible to deal with such people.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 20:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Your religious beliefs are so strong that you believe that they are fact. Impossible to deal with such people.
    I don't remember if you're religious or not. Are you? Because that would explain a lot about you.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 20:32
    I don't remember if you're religious or not. Are you? Because that would explain a lot about you.
    Your world view is your religion. Everyone must accept certain axioms and those axioms determine your religious beliefs. Everyone is religious. Some people just don't like to admit it.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 20:56
    Have you seen any of 'The Children of the Corn' movies. 😕
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 21:02
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Your world view is your religion. Everyone must accept certain axioms and those axioms determine your religious beliefs. Everyone is religious. Some people just don't like to admit it.
    Religion involves accepting a predetermined set of unverifiable beliefs, as true. I don't have this, and thus, have no religion.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '12 21:11
    Religion involves accepting a predetermined set of unverifiable beliefs, as true. I don't have this, and thus, have no religion.
    LOL!
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    22 Oct '12 01:45
    Originally posted by moon1969
    On a personal level as an observer of the gay "issue" generally, I have never seen American society move and change so fast on a social/class issue. Just a short 20-years ago, the country was so much more anti-gay. The fast evolution away from that is refreshing. Much of the credit apparently is due to young people.
    Well yes young people are more tolerant and perhaps more likely to participate, but does the credit truly belong to them? We must not forget the liberal minded schools, religious leaders in some churches, and the success of the older gay community in terms of recruiting. Are the young people to credit or are they a product of their environment? For tolerance, these things may be a factor. Homosexuality is not new and it is biological in nature. Not good not bad. It is what it is. If the government does rule favorably for gay marriage then there will probalby be some sort of rule imposed on it. One man to one man and one woman to one woman. Would be easier if it was one person to one person. It may be hard to reword marriage as one person to one person without opposition. Why not just make up a new word for marriage that would apply to gays and separate the two?
    Both groups would have identical rights and everyone can move on. For those that think they have the right to have marriage worded as one man to one woman they would be satisfied. For the gay community, they would (or should) be satified.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree