Democrats and Republicans are identical?

Democrats and Republicans are identical?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
10 Jul 15

There has been a lot of talk about how much alike the GOP and Democrats are. Well, that's half true. They use many of the same tactics, but I assure you their ideology and results are very different indeed. Take a long, hard look at the financial news from the 1st quarter of 2009 when Obama took office, and now look at today's financial news, and ask yourself: Are they really identical?

After you've done this, you might also ask yourself...do you really want a repeat of 2001-2008???

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/02/markets/markets_newyork2/index.htm

http://dunner99.blogspot.com/2009/04/us-unemployment-rates-march-2009.html

w

Moves
10 Jul 15
4 edits

Originally posted by bill718
There has been a lot of talk about how much alike the GOP and Democrats are. Well, that's half true. They use many of the same tactics, but I assure you their ideology and results are very different indeed. Take a long, hard look at the financial news from the 1st quarter of 2009 when Obama took office, and now look at today's financial news, and ask yoursel ...[text shortened]... newyork2/index.htm

Very true, the GOP is adament about cutting spending, until they vote.

Dims are adament about stopping wars abroad, until they continue them and invade LIbya etc.

Now that abortion and gay marriage have been decided by SCOTUS I'm not sure what is left to divide them

And now we have Jeb wanting to spread his love to illegals. Brilliant!!

Maybe they can argue over the confederate flag 😵

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
10 Jul 15
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey

Dims are adament about stopping wars abroad, until they continue them and invade LIbya etc.

Now that abortion and gay marriage have been decided by SCOTUS I'm not sure what is left to divide them

What is left to divide them???

How about starting another war, vs working with the world community to stop them.

How about building America's economy from the bottom up, vs from the top down

How about keeping America's air, water, and soil clean vs letting corporate America ruin them for profit.

How about caring for our veterans vs using them as a resource to start the next war, then abandoning them?

How about concern for all American's vs the 1% at the top of the economic food chain?

And you still don't see any differences?? Please tell me you're not THAT ignorant! 🙄

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Jul 15

Originally posted by bill718
There has been a lot of talk about how much alike the GOP and Democrats are. Well, that's half true. They use many of the same tactics, but I assure you their ideology and results are very different indeed. Take a long, hard look at the financial news from the 1st quarter of 2009 when Obama took office, and now look at today's financial news, and ask yoursel ...[text shortened]... newyork2/index.htm

It's less true than it used to be.

In the old days, you has conservative Dems like Zell Miller and liberal Republicans like Linc Chafee. Now you get drummed out of the party if you disagree with your leadership too much (see Joe Lieberman and Eric Cantor).

But to your point, January of 2009 was in the midst of a nasty recession. The economy had almost nowhere to go but up. That's not really a valid basis for comparison. If you want to make a valid comparison, the better comparison would be the median Bush economy with the media Obama economy or at least comparing now to the media Bush economy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey

Well, the Republicans won on the flag issue, at least in South Carolina.