1. Joined
    09 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 02:23
    Have been reading some disturbing stories about birth defects in Iraq as a result of DU weapons and understand there being used in Afghanistan.
    Search 'DU birth defects' images if you can bare it, about as grim as you can get. There's 1000s of tons of it with little use.
    Other than ammunition, where it does 2 things;

1 > With unparalleled density it will blow a hole in almost anything.
    2 > Is vaporised to Uranium Oxide, a soluble, airborne radioactive poison.

Like a new agent orange.

It would be simple to say ban it, but point 1 is why I guess this isn't the case.
    However I think it should be classed as a chemical weapon, or at least one of last resort. currently its not.

Your thoughts?
  2. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 04:31
    Good work on your research. I didn't realize the potential there.
    I think it will be hard to ban it for military uses though, as like you said, it will blow a hole in the armor of any tank. I think I read that the Ambrams tanks actually had a layer of it sandwiched in the armor of the tank.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 04:57
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I think it will be hard to ban it for military uses though, as like you said, it will blow a hole in the armor of any tank.
    Yeah, and the Taliban have tens of 1,000s of tanks with unusually thick armour. If NATO wasn't using the Uranium Oxide/birth defects option, those tanks would be trundling around with impunity.
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 06:27
    naw, they're blasting holes through a whole row of mud huts at a time, seeing how many they can blow holes through. Kind of like seeing how many pages of a phone book your 300 mag will go threw. Actually the A-10 shoots 30 MM cannons with that round too.
    It's a drone war over on that side of the desert

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree