1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 09:25
    @wajoma said
    you ijit, it's banning heat protection laws, not banning heat protection.

Just another example of your over wrought rantings, not to be taken seriously about this, and so any legitimate thing you may say loses credibility.
    DUH!
    Same thing dummy, if employers aren’t required by law to protect their workers then why would they
    The great state of Florida twinned with Kuwait
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 09:271 edit
    @wajoma said
    Lil sunstroker fella, it's prosperity that got children out of mines, not regulation.

And of course none of your post has anything to do with De Santis NOT banning heat protection.
    Liar it was definitely regulation that got children out of mines, in civilised countries anyway, I cannot speak for Australia or the US
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 11:29
    @kevcvs57 said
    Liar it was definitely regulation that got children out of mines, in civilised countries anyway, I cannot speak for Australia or the US
    If tomorrow every law banning children from working in mines in Australia was repealed, how many children would be working in mines 6 months from now?
  4. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 11:44
    @wajoma said
    You've been challenged on Rands supposed hypocrisy before, and have been unable to explain yourself.

And you've done nothing to refute the point that without wealth and prosperity regulation means nothing. It doesn't matter if it's proper regulation and it doesn't matter if it's enforced properly, when there's nothing to regulate the regulators starve too. This isn't a 'ch ...[text shortened]... e from lil sunstroker fella, he's been all over the world checking exit lights and 9 volt batteries.
    An example of Shav was his saying Ayn Rand took govt money when she was taking Social Security. Of course, we all know, except for Shav, that it was her money that she was taking back out.
    On a second note regarding your comment on Trumphouse, his personal itineraries are evidence of not needing to tell everyone about your personal lives, such as his travels. This is an issue-oriented forum. We have a hard-enough time wading through his plethora of reiterations.
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 11:55
    @averagejoe1 said
    Don’t work there, get another job.
    Children can't just go 'get another job.' They have to do what their parents tell them because the parents give them food, clothing and shelter (and many other things - but let's leave love and affirmation out of it for the moment.)

If a parent tells them, 'go work,' they have to go. That's not free market labor.

That's slavery.

When you provide someone room and board, tell them 'go work', collect their salary, and they legally cannot run away (the authorities will return runaway children to their parents), that's LITERALLY the definition of slave labor.

You arguing that we bring back slavery, AverageJoe? That is BOLD even for a Southerner!
  6. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 15:191 edit
    @wajoma said
    If tomorrow every law banning children from working in mines in Australia was repealed, how many children would be working in mines 6 months from now?
    So your admitting that regulation came before ‘prosperity’, there’s hope for you yet
    How does it feel to constantly cling to a life belt of nonsense in a sea of reality.
    With the amount of people trafficking that goes on it probably would not be too long before your ‘libertarian’ fantasy of getting children back down the mines became a reality, don’t lose heart son one day your misogynistic dream will come true
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 15:19
    @Wajoma
    A recent version of that here in the US was meat slaughterhouses using ten year old kids in those jobs. They were found out and those houses were closed down due to government regulations.
    If there were no government regulations all that would come back within a week, companies would have no incentives to not dump toxins in rivers or take nuclear waste and dump it in the black sea like Russia does with spent nuclear reactors, just dump them in the oceans.
    The fact you hate government in general just shows how much you care about actual humans and the abuse they suffer when regulations go away.
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 15:25
    @spruce112358 said
    Children can't just go 'get another job.' They have to do what their parents tell them because the parents give them food, clothing and shelter (and many other things - but let's leave love and affirmation out of it for the moment.)

If a parent tells them, 'go work,' they have to go. That's not free market labor.

That's slavery.

When you provide someone room ...[text shortened]... bor.

You arguing that we bring back slavery, AverageJoe? That is BOLD even for a Southerner!
    Why do you think they ( MAGAs ) ban the teaching of the history of slavery in the US, it’s so they can tell enough lies about the system that they intend to reinstate.in one form or anther, and poor white folks had better watch their asses this time too.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    16 Apr '24 20:361 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    So your admitting that regulation came before ‘prosperity’, there’s hope for you yet
    How does it feel to constantly cling to a life belt of nonsense in a sea of reality.
    With the amount of people trafficking that goes on it probably would not be too long before your ‘libertarian’ fantasy of getting children back down the mines became a reality, don’t lose heart son one day your misogynistic dream will come true
    Nope, my case is stronger the more we talk about it. And your dodge of my question bolsters it further. If there were no regulation against children in mines here in Aus, how many children would be working in mines in 6 months time?

lil sunstroke fella thinks there'd be hundreds back in the mines next week, operating thousand tonne excavators and dump trucks that have had the air-con disabled.

"If there were no government regulations all that would come back within a week,"

This proves sunstroker has abandoned reason, probably some kind of dementia from sticking his tongue on 9 volt battery terminals to test them, alllllll over the world.

The actual answer is zero.

BTW check your dictionary before trying to use big words "misogynistic' what new dodge is this?
  10. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 09:45
    @wajoma said
    Nope, my case is stronger the more we talk about it. And your dodge of my question bolsters it further. If there were no regulation against children in mines here in Aus, how many children would be working in mines in 6 months time?

lil sunstroke fella thinks there'd be hundreds back in the mines next week, operating thousand tonne excavators and dump trucks that have had ...[text shortened]... .

BTW check your dictionary before trying to use big words "misogynistic' what new dodge is this?
    I don’t need a dictionary dummy I meant to post misanthropic but I post on here so much it auto filled misogynistic 🤷🏻‍♂️
    As to your main point you have no case at all.
    if capitalists are allowed to have children working down mines and in factories then they will, market forces and the profit driven philosophy of capitalism will demand it.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 12:46
    @wajoma said
    Far too many.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 12:54
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-signs-bill-banning-heat-160241642.html

What kind of insanity is this?
    Banning heat protection for outside workers? Can you imagine what he would have done if he had been elected POTUS?
    No time off for heat prostration, no water, what the HELL is wrong with this dude?
    I see now that Abbott recently signed a similar bill. Actually, it was last June, during a heat wave.

https://newrepublic.com/article/180748/republican-heat-labor-outdoor-workers
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 13:45
    @suzianne said
    I see now that Abbott recently signed a similar bill. Actually, it was last June, during a heat wave.

https://newrepublic.com/article/180748/republican-heat-labor-outdoor-workers
    Didn’t someone in the last couple of years try / succeed in raising the number of hours a minor could work, I can’t remember the details though 🤔
  14. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 16:28
    @sonhouse said
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/desantis-signs-bill-banning-heat-160241642.html

What kind of insanity is this?
    Banning heat protection for outside workers? Can you imagine what he would have done if he had been elected POTUS?
    No time off for heat prostration, no water, what the HELL is wrong with this dude?
    He actually banned implementing more restrictions then is mandated by federal law which in and of itself shouldn't necessarily be bothersome.
    For example if a state banned something you might support like more restrictions on getting an abortion pill would you also find the law unfair?
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Apr '24 21:20
    @suzianne said
    Far too many.
    The question was: If tomorrow there were no regulation in Aus about children in mines how many children would be in mines in 6 months?

lil sunstroker fella:

"If there were no government regulations all that would come back within a week..."

suziman:

"Too many."

kev bamboozle:

"..if capitalists are allowed to have children working down mines and in factories then they will..."

We're obviously getting expert advice from people who haven't been on a modern Australian mine site. My question to you, suziman, and the others is:

What role do you imagine these children filling? Will they be operating a thousand ton dump truck? will they be replacing boom cylinder seals on an EX12000? Will they be placing explosives for a blast?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree