Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 14:351 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    This farce should end. The US government should uphold its laws and cut off
    funding to Israel because of its acquisition and proliferation of nuclear weapons."

The chances of this happening, though slight, are improving. GOP lawmakers have been making a lot of noise recently about sending our tax dollars to the American people and not overseas in the latest budget before the Senate. Carving out an exemption for Israel is something they'll have a hard time defending. Israel is America's spoiled child. It's long past time to cut the apron (and purse) strings.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 19:36
    @Duchess64
    It was not exactly a secret Israel has nukes.
    Desmond is right though. Israel is apartheid in regards to Palestinians.

I lived there and saw it up close.

Like the fact the Israelis suck up 99% of the Jordan river leaving only trash water unfit for anything for the Palestinians.

That said, it's not like they have no reason. Arab countries still vow to destroy Israel and if you don't think so, look at some of those countries words on the issue.

But to you, that means I am a frothing at the mouth Israel supporter.

Take it any way you will because you will anyway.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jan '21 19:493 edits

This post is unavailable.

5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 00:112 edits
    @Duchess64
    And of course you ignore the fact I derided the Israeli apartheid actions and the takeover of Palestinian territories to build new houses for Jews.

So I guess that makes me a frothing at the mouth Israeli supporter.

Did you live there, EVER? I saw the mistreatment of Palestinians up close and have several Palestinian friends and visited them regularly in Palestinian territory and the Jewish police didn't like that very much I can tell you. The last time we visited, we stayed in Palestine at the Abudiu's house and they took us to the airport we were held up for nearly an hour because we had Palestinian plates on our friend's car. Jewish cars went right by but not us.
    But I guess that makes me a liar in your eyes.
    You are so filled with hate it matters little WHAT I say. So be it.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 00:54

7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 23:071 edit
    @Duchess64
    I guess this is fake news:

https://www.voanews.com/middle-east/top-iran-general-says-destroying-israel-achievable-goal

Why do you think Iran wants nukes? To dig holes for lakes?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '21 23:552 edits

9. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 00:10
    I'm not convinced that Biden will be doing anything. A month ago the odds of
    Trump beconing president was 23-1 (Betfair). That's come in to 4-1.

Something must be going on?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 01:021 edit
    @Duchess64
    So there is no sentiment in Iran, not an Arab nation like you said, to destroy Israel? That is fake news? It just took about 30 seconds to find that release.
    You don't think the upper ranks, in US that would be a two star general, but you don't think the 4 star generals there didn't know about this statement?

If they thought it was unwise to say that they would have choked him down and ordered him not to say those things about destroying Israel.

That is not an isolated sentiment in Iran.

And I know all about the previous history of Iran where the US was supporting a dictator and they overthrew him in 1979 and held many US citizens in captivity.

Clearly the US should not have supported such a dictator but the fact remains Iran has vowed to destroy Israel.

This is not me screaming pro Israeli sentiment, this is just a statement of fact.

But of course that will not be how you in your hatred of the US and me in particular will view my words.
    You don't even know or acknowledge the times I defended your statements but hey, I guess that means I hate you and will say anything to destroy you, right?
    That idiot Dood didn't even understand what you said about Harris getting the Nobel Prize as sarcasm and he actually admitted it and I called him out on it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 02:433 edits

12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 03:21
    @sonhouse said
    @Duchess64
    It was not exactly a secret Israel has nukes.
    Desmond is right though. Israel is apartheid in regards to Palestinians.

I lived there and saw it up close.

Like the fact the Israelis suck up 99% of the Jordan river leaving only trash water unfit for anything for the Palestinians.

That said, it's not like they have no reason. Arab countries still vow to d ...[text shortened]... I am a frothing at the mouth Israel supporter.

Take it any way you will because you will anyway.
    It’s not like they have no reason to deny Palestinian children access to clean water?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 03:34

14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 03:511 edit
    I disagree.

Sonhouse says he believes Israel has a right to enhance their security from imminent threats by Arab nations.
    He has not taken into account that this enhancement actually includes measures which are detremental to innocent civilians, like children. Or, perhaps he has...

And my question is to see which of the two.

Much along the lines of the bombing of Tokyo or Dresden. All’s fair in war until you realise that the noise is a mother crying and the smell is the crispy burnt baby she’s cradling in her arms.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '21 04:261 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree