Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Sep '18 13:591 edit
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/09/11/a-california-man-tried-to-stab-a-gop-congressional-candidate-but-his-knife-didnt-work

    A GOP congressional candidate in California found himself in a life-threatening situation Sunday when a man tried to stab him with a switchblade at a festival, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

    Rudy Peters, a Navy veteran who is running against Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell in California’s 15th District, was at the Castro Valley Fall Festival when Farzad Fazeli attacked him.

    Special: The second Bitcoin boom is coming: New crypto course reveals how to profit

    “It’s a shame,” Peters told the San Francisco Chronicle. “People are just polarized right now, and this country’s divided and it’s just a mess. It shouldn’t be that way.”

    What happened?

    Peters was working an election booth at the fall festival when Fazeli approached. Fazeli started insulting Republicans and yelling profanities against President Donald Trump.







    “All of a sudden we hear someone screaming, ‘F*** Trump, f*** Trump!'” Peters said.

    Peters and Republican state Assembly candidate Joseph Grear, who was also at the booth, thought that would be the end of it. But Fazeli wasn’t done.

    “The next thing you know, he stops and turns around and says ‘I’ll show you,’ and runs at the booth,” Peters told the Chronicle. “He’s screaming, ‘I’m gonna kill you, motherf***er!'”

    Fazeli grabbed a cup of coffee and threw it at Peters, and Peters responded by coming around the table to restrain him. Then, Fazeli pulled out the switchblade. But, he couldn’t get the blade to come out.

    While Peters was protecting himself with a sign as a shield, the man left the booth after his knife failed to work. Police arrested him soon after at a nearby bank.

    Fazeli was charged Tuesday with a felony count of making criminal threats and a misdemeanor count of exhibiting a deadly weapon and possessing a switchblade.

    Rep. Swalwell sent his well wishes to Peters.

    “I’m glad to hear Mr. Peters is okay,” Swalwell wrote on Twitter. “But it’s NEVER okay to use violence to settle political disagreements (or any disagreement).”
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Sep '18 14:002 edits
    Should politicians like Maxine Waters be held to account, or should she run for President in 2020?

    https://www.theblaze.com/video/unhinged-maxine-waters-denies-threatening-trump-supporters-then-brags-she-does-it-all-the-time

    Do you support Maxine Waters?

    Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters ramped up her hatred toward President Donald Trump on Saturday during an acceptance speech for an award from the Stonewall Young Democrats in Los Angeles. [Read more on this here.]

    On Tuesday’s “Glenn Beck Radio Program,” Glenn and the guys reacted to the California Democrat’s bizarre speech, in which she claimed that she’s “going to get” President Trump. She also renewed her call for supporters to heckle members of the Trump administration.

    “There are those who said we lacked civility when I got up and talked about the President’s Cabinet, and I said if you see them anywhere, if you see them at a restaurant, if you see them in a department store, even at a gasoline station, just tell them you’re not welcome here or anywhere,” Waters said.

    “This was pretty bad,” said Pat Gray of Waters’ speech, noting that she went on to call Trump “the lying president” over his claim that she threatened his supporters.


    “I did not threaten his constituents, his supporters,” Waters said. “I do that all the time, but I didn’t do it that time.”



    Glenn pointed out that the Red Hen, the Lexington, Virginia, restaurant that booted White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders earlier this year, as well as the entire town of Lexington are facing terrible financial hardship after the restaurant’s owner followed Waters’ advice of just telling “them you’re not welcome here or anywhere.”

    “They’re begging for visitors to come to the town,” Glenn added. “Nobody’s coming to them and they are a big tourist town and nobody’s coming. They’re dying on the vine.”

    Watch the clip above for more.

    To see more from Glenn, visit “The Glenn Beck Radio Program” or listen live on TheBlaze weekdays 9 a.m.–noon ET. Subscribers can tune-in anytime on-demand at TheBlaze TV. Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.

    Want more Glenn? Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Sep '18 14:371 edit
    How can this woman continue in Congress with the DNC's blessing?

    The entire DNC should be declared a hate group.

    Can anyone imagine someone from the GOP doing this to Obama from Congressional chambers?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35854
    14 Sep '18 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    "Special: The second Bitcoin boom is coming: New crypto course reveals how to profit."


    "To see more from Glenn, visit “The Glenn Beck Radio Program” or listen live on TheBlaze weekdays 9 a.m.–noon ET. Subscribers can tune-in anytime on-demand at TheBlaze TV. Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here."
    What is wrong with you? (I mean, besides the obvious.)

    For the love of God, please learn to edit your cut 'n' paste rantings.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    14 Sep '18 14:10
    Originally posted by @whodey
    How can this woman continue in Congress with the DNC's blessing?

    The entire DNC should be declared a hate group.

    Can anyone imagine someone from the GOP doing this to Obama from Congressional chambers?
    You are aware that heckling somebody and trying to knife them are two rather different things?

    Is that the new right wing campaign? To criminalize membership in the Democratic Party?
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    14 Sep '18 19:08
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    You are aware that heckling somebody and trying to knife them are two rather different things?

    Is that the new right wing campaign? To criminalize membership in the Democratic Party?
    and this idiot thinks pulling a knife on someone is heckling them...IDIOT!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    14 Sep '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Should politicians like Maxine Waters be held to account, or should she run for President in 2020?

    https://www.theblaze.com/video/unhinged-maxine-waters-denies-threatening-trump-supporters-then-brags-she-does-it-all-the-time

    Do you support Maxine Waters?

    Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters ramped up her hatred toward President Donald Trump on Saturday du ...[text shortened]... n up for a FREE trial here.

    Want more Glenn? Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
    Dims, Plural? Where are the rest of the murderous crowd then? Are they up to the number of deaths caused by any of the school shootings or that guy in Vegas?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    14 Sep '18 19:28
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    and this idiot thinks pulling a knife on someone is heckling them...IDIOT!
    So it would just be 'boys will be boys' if the dude happened to have attacked a republican? Wooden heart would not even have posted that piece if the attacker was a repub attacking a Dem.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    14 Sep '18 20:49
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Dims, Plural? Where are the rest of the murderous crowd then? Are they up to the number of deaths caused by any of the school shootings or that guy in Vegas?
    school shootings and vegas were dims
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    14 Sep '18 20:51
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So it would just be 'boys will be boys' if the dude happened to have attacked a republican? Wooden heart would not even have posted that piece if the attacker was a repub attacking a Dem.
    ummm...if, and a big if, it ever happens we will see
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    14 Sep '18 21:50
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    ummm...if, and a big if, it ever happens we will see
    Wow, I didn't know Republicans were so pure of heart they would never attack ANYONE. Good to know.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    15 Sep '18 00:00
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Wow, I didn't know Republicans were so pure of heart they would never attack ANYONE. Good to know.
    well you could always show your proof it has happened.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35854
    15 Sep '18 00:09
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    and this idiot thinks pulling a knife on someone is heckling them...IDIOT!
    And this idiot thinks heckling someone is pulling a knife on them...IDIOT!
  14. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    15 Sep '18 05:32
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    You are aware that heckling somebody and trying to knife them are two rather different things?

    Is that the new right wing campaign? To criminalize membership in the Democratic Party?
    You are aware that heckling somebody and trying to knife them are two rather different things?




    No, I don't think he is.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    17 Sep '18 15:011 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    well you could always show your proof it has happened.
    Ah, so the literally thousands of attacks that go on each year and there are millions of democrats and millions of republicans, not a single attack was done by a republican. Amazing. I did not know they were so pure of heart.

    Right now your republican buddy Kavanaugh has been accused of a violent attack on a now college professor who just came out and accused him of sexual assault. She is also willing to say so to the world in a senate hearing AND has passed a lie detector test. I guess there is ONE republican who attacked someone. My guess, and it is only a guess mind you, there are others too.
Back to Top