1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '13 14:19
    Now is the time to strike. The IRS is nothing more than a political tool. You say that you want tax perks as a corporation for backing candidate X? Great!! No problem. You say that you want tax perks to marry person X? Great. No problem. Just throw your money at those in power and we will see what we can do for ya. You say that you want tax exempt status so you can throw money at certain candidates? Great!! No problem. Just be sure that you are idealogically politically correct and we will see what we can do for ya. Ect, ect, ect.

Enough!!

I propose to do away with the government entity that presumes you are guilty until proven innocent. I propose to do away with the most hated organization in American government.

Of course, there will be no backing from the left, only the right. For conservatives, there will be no problem generating public support to nix the IRS, it will be the GOP what will be the problem. For you see, they use the IRS themselves for their own political purposes.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    18 May '13 19:39
    I see. So I suppose you will pay the tax bill your neighbour refuses to pay?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 May '13 19:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Do away with most federal tax and let the department of the treasury collect what it needs without the IRS as pre 1862. They have way too much money to be able to get involved with stuff outside the scope of the federal government. Let the states collect what they need for roads, education etc... Who knows, the feds may get out of the gun running, drug smuggling, and drone assassination business.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '13 07:01
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Do away with most federal tax and let the department of the treasury collect what it needs without the IRS as pre 1862. They have way too much money to be able to get involved with stuff outside the scope of the federal government. Let the states collect what they need for roads, education etc... Who knows, the feds may get out of the gun running, drug smuggling, and drone assassination business.
    Yes, that sounds like a reasonable and realistic proposal.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 May '13 13:55
    Yes, that sounds like a reasonable and realistic proposal.
    KZ is in!!

I told ya this would have mass appeal. The only problem is that neither party will like this and fight it.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '13 19:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    KZ is in!!

I told ya this would have mass appeal. The only problem is that neither party will like this and fight it.
    Why would the Republicans or Democrats have any desire to take away power from the government when it comes to dominating the average person? Federal power is the number one concern for both Democrats and Republicans.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    19 May '13 21:06
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why would the Republicans or Democrats have any desire to take away power from the government when it comes to dominating the average person? Federal power is the number one concern for both Democrats and Republicans.
    That is because the average Democrat and Republican doesn't realize the dangers of a big central government.
  8. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    19 May '13 22:04
    Let's really get into the issue. Let's start talking about the Federal Reserve. And while we're at it, the Council on Foreign Relations.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 May '13 22:06
    Who's gonna pay the military?
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:11
    How about a less invasive type of tax, one that doesn't require an army of investigators to enforce?
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:13
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    You mean they won't get to do everything they want? 😀
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:20
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Screw the military. Arm our citizens like in Switzerland.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    20 May '13 01:43
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The military can sell nukes to Alqaeda for money. 🙂
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 May '13 16:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    Screw the military. Arm our citizens like in Switzerland.
    That works for Switzerland because the US is willing to keep Switzerland and the rest of the Eurozone safe from invasion for the East.

Income tax isn't the only form of taxation. You could very easily replace it with any form of a transaction tax.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree