1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:16
    23 polls say yes.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/19/1008582/-Twenty-three-polls-say-tax-us-more?via=blog_1
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:34
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    23 polls say yes.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/08/19/1008582/-Twenty-three-polls-say-tax-us-more?via=blog_1
    Typical example of the problems with polls, you're being very dishonest there kunsoo.

It's like polling people and asking if they'd like to be whipped with a piece of barbed wire or have their finger nails pulled with fencing pliers. Along comes master statistican kunsoo, chest puffed out, thumbs tucked in braces, pontificating, "Yes 63.573% of people want to have their finger nails pulled, let's get to work boys."

Take your polls and whack interpretation of them and stick em....
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:56
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Typical example of the problems with polls, you're being very dishonest there kunsoo.

It's like polling people and asking if they'd like to be whipped with a piece of barbed wire or have their finger nails pulled with fencing pliers. Along comes master statistican kunsoo, chest puffed out, thumbs tucked in braces, pontificating, "Yes 63.573% of people wan ...[text shortened]... 's get to work boys."

23 polls Wajoma. All of them misleading and wrong? Every single one of them?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:12
    Did the polls ask people who already pay taxes or those who don't?

Did the polls ask if they wanted to pay more, or did the polls say they wanted some other group to pay more?

People want everything. They want to pretend that you can have everything if the government would simply give it to them. People need to wake up, smell the coffee and accepting a little personal responsiblity and stop suckling from the government.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    People want everything. They want to pretend that you can have everything if the government would simply give it to them. People need to wake up, smell the coffee and accepting a little personal responsiblity and stop suckling from the government.
    I agree. That's why police need to stop enforcing laws against property crimes.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:22
    Originally posted by Wajoma

It's like polling people and asking if they'd like to be whipped with a piece of barbed wire or have their finger nails pulled with fencing pliers. Along comes master statistican kunsoo, chest puffed out, thumbs tucked in braces, pontificating, "Yes 63.573% of people wan ...[text shortened]... 's get to work boys."

Polls show that 85.6% of us dismiss poll results that disagree with our opinions. 😉
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I see nothing wrong with that, as long as you allow for a make my day law.
  8. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 16:37
    I would be willing to bet that over 95% of people would not support such a proposal.
  9. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 17:39
    How would that work? Just out of curiosity. Could you just squat in whatever unoccupied building you desired?
  10. Standard memberWoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    Los Gatos, CA
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 17:56
    I for one would be happy to increase my tax rates. Frankly, I don't think I pay enough given the services the government has promised me, and I don't want to see those services go away.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 18:04
    Originally posted by dryhump
    How would that work? Just out of curiosity. Could you just squat in whatever unoccupied building you desired?
    Yep!
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 18:05
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I see nothing wrong with that, as long as you allow for a make my day law.
    Yep. Cops won't prosecute for shooting trespassers either.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 18:06
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I would be willing to bet that over 95% of people would not support such a proposal.
    Rioters are only 4% of the population? How come the hordes of law abiding citizenry can't handle such a tiny group?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 18:20
    Let the gangs do it?
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 18:221 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Let the gangs do it?
    Kill them too if they try. Let the property owners do it.

I don't know if you can,
    but can you get an owner for Ons,
    that's O-N-S,Junior Market,
    the address is 1934 East Aneheim,
    all the windows are busted out,
    and it's like a free-for-all in here
    and uh the owner shouldat least come
    down here and see if he can secure his business,
    if he wants to...

Opening of Sublime's April 26 1992

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree