Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 02 Oct '17 16:21 / 2 edits
    Or does violence lead to violence?
  2. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    02 Oct '17 17:34
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Or does violence lead to violence?
    Maybe the feeling of inferiority leads to violence?
  3. 02 Oct '17 17:43 / 1 edit
    In the movie 'Crash'. There's a scene where two coloured fella's attack a couple for looking at them like they might attack them. Is this a good example of ignorance leading to violence? If so, which were the ignorant party?
  4. 02 Oct '17 18:11
    Only guns lead to violence.

Cars and machetes' lead to universal utopia.
  5. 02 Oct '17 18:25
    Could events in the future influence and be influenced by events in the now? As such is it it REALLY important not to exact revenge in case we instigate the initial incident.
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Oct '17 17:48
    Could events in the future influence and be influenced by events in the now? As such is it it REALLY important not to exact revenge in case we instigate the initial incident.
    Since we live in a quantum universe, we may well have future influencing the past. So don't go back in time and kill your grandpa!
  7. 06 Oct '17 05:39
    That's really good! I think it's our own feelings of not being at our best which really hurt us enough to take it out on others.
  8. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Oct '17 05:55
    That's really good! I think it's our own feelings of not being at our best which really hurt us enough to take it out on others.
    People really piss us off on account of their mirror-like qualities.
  9. 06 Oct '17 06:51
    Some say to always walk a mile in somebody else's shoes before judging somebody. That way they're always a mile away and have their shoes )
  10. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Oct '17 09:38
    Some say to always walk a mile in somebody else's shoes before judging somebody. That way they're always a mile away and have their shoes )
    One very good reason to avoid judging Chinese women who opt to follow the traditional path.
    Especially if you have big feet.
  11. 06 Oct '17 10:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    One very good reason to avoid judging Chinese women who opt to follow the traditional path.
    Especially if you have big feet.
    I suppose the idea is to exchange focus for concentration. But the name of the game is to enjoy one's self. Having big feet isn't such a bad thing as it should make for a wider path.

edit. It's really a case of the more you look, the more you see. So the emphasis is on simplicity.
  12. 06 Oct '17 10:33
    I think the Egyptians had it right when they told of weighing one's heart against an Ostrich feather. I guess they were eluding to something. It's not fair to judge those whose hearts have already been weighed.
  13. 06 Oct '17 10:51 / 2 edits
    I think we're our own best/worst judges. It doesn't require pain and paying for one's sins to be more than just a man. It's the act of self-forgiveness, which can take an eternity or happen in a heartbeat.

edit. Monotheism teaches us that we have to pay for our sins. I don't see the point in suffering for the sake of suffering. By the act of looking up, we intuitively consider ourselves to be lesser. I don't believe that to be the case. But then I'm a hard-core polytheist.
  14. 06 Oct '17 11:19
    One more thing. Before we attack those that have taken from us. We should consider if in the future we choose to be the people that we are. The universe is full of opposites....
  15. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    06 Oct '17 12:39
    I suppose the idea is to exchange focus for concentration. But the name of the game is to enjoy one's self. Having big feet isn't such a bad thing as it should make for a wider path.

edit. It's really a case of the more you look, the more you see. So the emphasis is on simplicity.
    The binds that tie.