1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 12:39
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    I suppose the idea is to exchange focus for concentration. But the name of the game is to enjoy one's self. Having big feet isn't such a bad thing as it should make for a wider path.

edit. It's really a case of the more you look, the more you see. So the emphasis is on simplicity.
    The binds that tie.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 15:334 edits
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    The binds that tie.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

When we project our suffering on to others, I guess we'ere attacking that part of ourselves that we despise. As such we can expect an equal amount of suffering in return in order to forgive ourselves (projecting). It's also important to be mindful that there may be people out there willing to endure hatred and suffering for our benefit. I have seen this quite often in Christian behavior.

edit. Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in our own.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:31
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

When we project our suffering on to others, I guess we'ere attacking that part of ourselves that we despise. As such we can expect an equal amount of suffering in return in order to forgive ourselves (projecting). It's also important to be mindful that there may be ...[text shortened]... roth and bubble. Two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in our own.
    Agreed.
    The 'other' is, in a sense, my scapegoat: the one I blame when I've lost control of me and my happiness is threatened by what they purposely or inadvertently reveal of my shortcoming.
    This can make me even more desperate--- this projection of my failure on them--- because now I am forced to present a lie which I know only as a lie, but to 'sell it,' I must accept it as true.
    Huge conflict now, which ends up in even greater projection: surely this other ass deserves even more of my 'righteous' vitriol since it was them that knocked me from my throne!
    Soon, they're in hell, me the presumed gatekeeper silently burning in ceaseless torment, gladly accepted as the cost of doing the right thing.
    After all: they didn't use their turn signal, right?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 16:331 edit
    Or does violence lead to violence?
    I've long wondered where to drawn the line between insanity, stupidity, and evil?

After all, if you are evil there must be a certain level of insanity and stupidity to guide you.....assuming that you think you will ultimately come out on top for your evil acts.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree