Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And then the educated get higher paid jobs,
    contribute more to the system and are more
    productive. The half who do not get tertiary
    education are typically not the ones
    "paying for" the others.
    Is it a guarantee that a college education will result in a higher paying job?
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And then the educated get higher paid jobs,
    contribute more to the system and are more
    productive. The half who do not get tertiary
    education are typically not the ones
    "paying for" the others.
    And then the educated get higher paid jobs and live in affluent areas surrounded by like people .
    Encourage immigration to keep their bills down at the local restaurant and ...hey presto ... more uneducated people scrambling for jobs . Wonderful
  3. Germany
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:48
    Originally posted by phil3000
    And then the educated get higher paid jobs and live in affluent areas surrounded by like people .
    Encourage immigration to keep their bills down at the local restaurant and ...hey presto ... more uneducated people scrambling for jobs . Wonderful
    Clearly you've never seen a bill from a restaurant in Northern Europe.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Is it a guarantee that a college education will result in a higher paying job?
    "Typically" is a difficult word. Perhaps you've been listening to too many of Trump's speeches.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:51
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    "Typically" is a difficult word. Perhaps you've been listening to too many of Trump's speeches.
    Just saying that it is entirely possible that the educated then go on to collect the great unemployment benefits.

But hey, most people in the US can go to college with little or not problem paying for it. Of course that means state schools but it is there for those who want it.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 20:57
    Clearly you've never seen a bill from a restaurant in Northern Europe.
    Neither has the working class population of most of northern Europe .
    I have though ...London ,Paris, Berlin ,Lisbon ,Tel Aviv not bad for a working class joe ,eh ?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 21:07
    I have though ...London ,Paris, Berlin ,Lisbon ,Tel Aviv not bad for a working class joe ,eh ?

Class differences, insofar as they exist in Northern Europe, are much smaller. People with low incomes in Northern Europe tend to pay very low taxes so their disposable income is sufficient to eat at restaurants if they want to despite the typically high bill.

Very impressive.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 21:19
    [b]Neither has the working class population of most of northern Europe .

Class differences, insofar as they exist in Northern Europe, are much smaller. People with low incomes in Northern Europe tend to pay very low taxes so their disposable income is sufficient to eat at restaurants if they want to despite the typically high bill.

I have t ...[text shortened]... n ,Paris, Berlin ,Lisbon ,Tel Aviv not bad for a working class joe ,eh ?

Very impressive.[/b]
    Amsterdam , forgot that one .
    York in England that's the best .
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Apr '16 01:39
    They've moved Tel Aviv to Northern Europe?!?!

Was that before or after they moved Lisbon? 😉
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '16 14:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    For those americans who care only about GDP per capita, maybe not.

For those that care about equality and healthcare, maybe so. Although one might ask, which part of Europe? Greece or Sweden?

I suppose North Dakota is at the top of the list because they have lots of oil and almost no people.
    For those wanting to pay off a $20 trillion debt, the GDP does become kinda important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree