1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 19:32
    This is a question related to MS. Typically people born further away from the equator, or have a family history from the northern countries seem to be "bothered" by MS. There is a stretch along the Canadian border, called the MS beltway.
    A theroy by Dr. Swank, is that we did not eat enough fruits and veggies, relied on more red meats and dairy. Thus, we are more suceptible to MS. I am Finnish, with a bit of English mixed in.
    Another is lack of sunshine? Thus fish oils and vitamin D are recommended.
    I just knocked off the toughest 7 days of my life, kicking a pain killer addiction that lasted 7 years. I told my Dr to keep me in the game.
    This forum has helped to keep my mind off the pain, so I extend my thanks. While here I learned some good, some bad things.
    Out of financial necessity, I am learning to make changes in my life. I have found, where the real pain exists, is in my own mind, and is usually exagerated. Especially at night.
    Meditation helps, and letting go of the concept that everyone should see things as I do.
    Namaste
    Move to the next game
  2. Forum Moderator
    07 Jan '10 21:30
    RoboMod removed this post for mysterious reasons. I have put it back, and apologies to HG for its removal. No moderator was involved in removing this post.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 21:34
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    This is a question related to MS. Typically people born further away from the equator, or have a family history from the northern countries seem to be "bothered" by MS. There is a stretch along the Canadian border, called the MS beltway.
    A theroy by Dr. Swank, is that we did not eat enough fruits and veggies, relied on more red meats and dairy. Thus, we ...[text shortened]... ing go of the concept that everyone should see things as I do.
    Namaste
    Move to the next game
    I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Sickness is one of the most terrifying things to think about. I have an extremely powerful family illness in the family but I got kinda lucky - it only goes from mother to daughter, and I'm a guy. Still, I've seen what having chronic illness does to one's life.

I salute your positive attitude and strength!
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 21:351 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '10 00:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree