Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 27 Oct '17 17:38
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/trump-doj-settles-lawsuits-over-tea-party-targeting-by-obama-irs.html

    Remember when conservatives alleged that the IRS target them based upon political ideology? Well the DOJ just admitted guilt.

    Does this prove once and for all that organizations like the DOJ, IRS, FBI, are merely partisan hack allies of the powers that be?
  2. 27 Oct '17 18:13
    Here is Trump using the IRS as a weapon

    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/10/10/trump-calls-end-nfl-tax-breaks-bill-already-place-547054

    Now that the NFL has made itself a political appendage of the DNC, they now will lose their subsidies.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    27 Oct '17 18:41
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Remember when conservatives alleged that the IRS target them based upon political ideology? Well the DOJ just admitted guilt.
    Guilt was admitted back in 2013, and the IRS chief was fired.


    Does this prove once and for all that organizations like the DOJ, IRS, FBI, are merely partisan hack allies of the powers that be?


    As the EPA proves, yes.
  4. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    27 Oct '17 23:41
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/trump-doj-settles-lawsuits-over-tea-party-targeting-by-obama-irs.html

    Remember when conservatives alleged that the IRS target them based upon political ideology? Well the DOJ just admitted guilt.

    Does this prove once and for all that organizations like the DOJ, IRS, FBI, are merely partisan hack allies of the powers that be?
    No. It means that all large institutions make mistakes. It's because they are made up of flawed little creatures called people. The DOJ and the IRS get it right most of the time. We can't expect much more than that.
  5. 27 Oct '17 23:51
    Originally posted by @mchill
    No. It means that all large institutions make mistakes. It's because they are made up of flawed little creatures called people. The DOJ and the IRS get it right most of the time. We can't expect much more than that.
    You are such a hypocrite.

    Is the Republican party a large organization?
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    28 Oct '17 11:51
    Originally posted by @eladar
    You are such a hypocrite.

    Is the Republican party a large organization?
    And your point is?
  7. 28 Oct '17 12:29
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    And your point is?
    Clear enough.