Don Pedro Navarro: Dollar Should Lose Value

Don Pedro Navarro: Dollar Should Lose Value

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
06 Mar 17
4 edits

reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSKBN16D1KK

He is a California Democrat who wants the Chinese yuan to rise in value and dollars to become devalued.

He is also Trump's Director of the National Trade Council.

And he's a Spic REPRESENT

Hope your savings aren't in dollars...

Cape Town

Moves
06 Mar 17

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
If they are, they aren't very big savings.

The value of a currency relative to others affects everyone differently. Exporters or local producers might benefit from a weak dollar and importers would suffer. I don't know how self sufficient the US is with oil, but for countries that import a lot of oil, oil hungry businesses (which includes farming, transport and more) suffer when a currency weakens.
Investments in real estate can often ride out currency fluctuations because a house is still a house. Only when there are bubbles, or bubbles are created by the fluctuations does the currency matter.
Investments in bonds can loose out.

A

RSA

Moves
06 Mar 17

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSKBN16D1KK

He is a California Democrat who wants the Chinese yuan to rise in value and dollars to become devalued.

He is also Trump's Director of the National Trade Council.

And he's a Spic REPRESENT

The dollar is extremely strong at the moment.

It is not necessarily a bad thing for the US dollar to be weak. Just like what the Germans have done with the Euro being perpetually undervalued compared to the strength of their economy, weakness could make the economy blossom. But the US economy isn't my specialty.