1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 14:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    Interesting. I must say, that was a pretty damn effective poem for what Trump was trying to accomplish.

One thing I noticed, is that you could easily count how many words from that poem have more than one syllable (very few have more than one). I counted two words with three syllables, (beautiful was one) and noticed only a handful with two.

So even ...[text shortened]... ever, he'd probably just have someone else do all the reading, and give him an abridged version.
    I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.

In that poem, I believe only ten of the eighty words have two syllables, with an eleventh one clocking in at a whopping four.

That Joyce Kilmer: what a moron, right?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 14:22
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    He is in a deposition, and clearly understands the rules of the game.
    As a source of wealth, he has been a target of those deplorables who 'just want a little off the top,' folks whose only real complaint is that they are part of the have-nots whereas he is part of the haves.
    They see big pockets and figure he will probably roll over in order to avoid co ...[text shortened]... l over and settle every time, or he can put them through their paces, make them earn their keep.
    Hilarious how you try to defend Trumps obvious and pathetic lying to try and get out of honouring a contract.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 15:06
    [i]I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
    A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.
    ...[text shortened]... with an eleventh one clocking in at a whopping four.

That Joyce Kilmer: what a moron, right?
    Joyce Killmer, unlike Trump, has demonstrated the ability to read above a third-grade level, as a University of Columbia graduate.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 15:36
    Joyce Killmer, unlike Trump, has demonstrated the ability to read above a third-grade level, as a University of Columbia graduate.
    Trump, unlike Kilmer, has demonstrated his ability to excel in the world of business.
    It is assumed that he had mastered the basics of reading far before he graduated with a bachelor's from the Wharton School of Business and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Hilarious how you try to defend Trumps obvious and pathetic lying to try and get out of honouring a contract.
    Ironic: in a thread questioning Trump's reading ability, you demonstrate a considerable lack thereof.
    I favor none save those who deal in truth.
    Part of the process in determining truth includes the rule of law.
    Anyone is free to level any charge they feel compelled to bring, and every one is free to defend themselves accordingly--- even and especially the eventual guilty ones.
    Overwhelmingly, Trump prevails against his complainers--- in margins so heavily weighted in his favor a pretty clear pattern has emerged.
    That notwithstanding, his guilt or innocence stand on their own.
    Would you prefer the folks you dislike simply not protect themselves?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:112 edits
    Trump, unlike Kilmer, has demonstrated his ability to excel in the world of business.
    It is assumed that he had mastered the basics of reading far before he graduated with a bachelor's from the Wharton School of Business and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/17/yes-donald-trump-really-went-to-an-ivy-league-school/

The admissions officer to the school? A classmate of Trump's older brother.

Given Trumps documented history of paying off judges, it's not a stretch that he bribed his way through.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:24
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/07/17/yes-donald-trump-really-went-to-an-ivy-league-school/

Given Trumps documented history of paying off judges, it's not a stretch that he bribed his way through.
    Sounds about right: bribed his way through college, four decades in business... bribe, bribe, bribe.
    Well, it is the American way.
    Did you have an actual complaint?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:30

How difficult to you think it is to get a bachelor's degree in business or economics, once you have been admitted? Trump didn't need to "bribe" anyone - one can simply obtain such a degree even when you're a moron. These kind of degrees are made extremely easy by design so that the bankers' and real estate moguls' kids can pass through.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:42
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How difficult to you think it is to get a bachelor's degree in business or economics, once you have been admitted? Trump didn't need to "bribe" anyone - one can simply obtain such a degree even when you're a moron. These kind of degrees are made extremely easy by design so that the bankers' and real estate moguls' kids can pass through.
    Exactly. Getting this degree isn't any indication of Trump being literate beyond a third-grade level. In Trump's own words: “In my opinion, that [Wharton] degree doesn’t prove very much”.

Trump can read simple words, but apparently lacks the ability to comprehend sentences too difficult for third-graders.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 16:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hey, numbnuts!
    You're the one who brought secondary education into it, as though Kilmer 'trumped' Trump on account of her college education-sponsored reading skills.

Yeah: your argument made no sense.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 17:44
    Part of the process in determining truth includes the rule of law.
    Anyone is free to level any charge they feel compelled to bring, and every one is free to defend themselves accordingly--- even and especially the eventual guilty ones.
    I fully respect the right under the law to lie through your teeth to try to get out of honouring a contract.
    I have no respect whatsoever for people who so so, or people who defend people who do so.
    Nor do I respect the people who don't honour their contracts to the point that they find themselves in court in the first place.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 17:461 edit
    Ironic: in a thread questioning Trump's reading ability, you demonstrate a considerable lack thereof.
    Ironic is your defence of Trump lying in court when you never accept such behaviour from Clinton.

Sorry, my bad. Not ironic. Hypocritical.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:32
    Four bankruptcies, in addition to losing 916 million dollars.

Yeah, fantastic businessman there. Is that what you're calling excelling these days?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Four bankruptcies, in addition to losing 916 million dollars.

Yeah, fantastic businessman there. Is that what you're calling excelling these days?
    Hey!
    The originator of the thumbs down is in da house!

Four bankruptcies?
    Seriously?
    How many of his businesses have thrived?
    Better yet: how many of the Clinton's businesses have thrived?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '16 19:54

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree