1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:362 edits
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/president-donald-trump-michael-moore-impeached-a7414591.html

Michael Moore has come out and said that Trump is a sociopath and will break laws during his first year that will lead to impeachment.

Now that the "recount" has failed and the Electoral college push to vote Hillary has failed, I suppose this is the next logical reaction from left wingers who will never accept losing the White House again.

So who here agrees with fat bast@rd? (Get in my belly!)
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:371 edit
    Would Trump break the law?

For example, is Trump a big enough sociopath that he would just blindly ignore the illegal immigration laws by not enforcing them and forbidding states to enforce them and actively representing illegals by creating "safe cities" for them?

Would Trump start a war in Libya and defy the War Powers Act by not consulting Congress and defending his decision by glibly saying it was not really a war to begin with?

Or would Trump legislate a new health care law and sign it and then turn around and make exceptions for his law single handedly while others are forced to abide by the rule of law?

Don't know, we shall see. Hopefully Trump will be a change. The US has had enough of narcissistic sociopaths.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:391 edit
    Sadly, I agree with Moore. The Executive Branch has grown so large and powerful that it can do anything it wishes. If FDR can lock up innocent Japanese Americans without so much are raising an eyebrow, how can we delude ourselves that there are any remaining checks and balances?

Scary times.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:44
    He will most likely break the law on day one. The question is rather if Congress will let him away with it. As long as Trump remains sufficiently popular, and does nothing that not even the GOP's propaganda mill can spin, they probably will.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    He will most likely break the law on day one. The question is rather if Congress will let him away with it. As long as Trump remains sufficiently popular, and does nothing that not even the GOP's propaganda mill can spin, they probably will.
    So we are all in agreement. Federalism and checks and balances are dead.

Someone like Trump was bound to come along.

Enjoy the dictatorship Progs. You've worked long enough to see this day.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 15:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    So we are all in agreement. Federalism and checks and balances are dead.

Someone like Trump was bound to come along.

Enjoy the dictatorship Progs. You've worked long enough to see this day.
    Your doublethink gauge is reaching 11 again if you think that Donald Trump and the apparent lack of desire in Congress to keep him in check is somehow the result of "Progs."
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 16:081 edit
    Sadly, I agree with Moore. The Executive Branch has grown so large and powerful that it can do anything it wishes. If FDR can lock up innocent Japanese Americans without so much are raising an eyebrow, how can we delude ourselves that there are any remaining checks and balances?

Scary times.
    Whodey, do you realize that you made an observation that started with "The Executive Branch has grown so large and powerful..." and then backed it up with an event that occurred almost 75 years ago, and then ended it with "Scary times"?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 16:09
    Your doublethink gauge is reaching 11 again if you think that Donald Trump and the apparent lack of desire in Congress to keep him in check is somehow the result of "Progs."
    Maybe frogs or more likely, trogs.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 16:11
    There's not much to indicate Trump will commit impeachable offenses. The President is exempt from most executive conflicts of interest rules and the emoluments clause is untested and applied only to gifts received once in office.

Stupid and intemperate Twitter rants are not illegal.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 16:26
    I suppose this is the next logical reaction from left wingers who will never accept losing the White House again.
    I don't know much about impeachment laws, but I would think that it would have to be the republicans that would impeach him.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:12
    The US has had enough of narcissistic sociopaths.
    As has the RHP Debates Forum.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:19
    Originally posted by sh76
    Whodey, do you realize that you made an observation that started with "The Executive Branch has grown so large and powerful..." and then backed it up with an event that occurred almost 75 years ago, and then ended it with "Scary times"?
    Yes, I was referring to how the Progressive era has strengthened POTUS to the point of becoming a king that rules by edict as Obama does today.

It took a whole century to wreck the Constitution beyond repair.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:232 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't know much about impeachment laws, but I would think that it would have to be the republicans that would impeach him.
    I will go on record as saying that I don't think there will be another impeachment.

Nixon would have been impeached had he not resigned, but he did not even go to jail.

Then Clinton came along and was impeached by the House, but that is as far as it got. He did not have to resign.

Today, there is no talk of impeachment for Obama even though he made what Nixon did look like a walk in the park when it comes to a lack of privacy on the internet or talking on the phone.

I know, I know, Obama had nothing to do with the Patriot Act. He is merely an empty suit in the Prog cause to destroy the Constitution. He is just one of many, to be forgotten in the mass of faces that came before him.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:29
    Originally posted by sh76
    There's not much to indicate Trump will commit impeachable offenses. The President is exempt from most executive conflicts of interest rules and the emoluments clause is untested and applied only to gifts received once in office.

Stupid and intemperate Twitter rants are not illegal.
    Is there anything in your estimation that Obama has done that is an impeachable offense or is breaking the law or violating the Constitution not an impeachable offense anymore?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:421 edit
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/president-donald-trump-michael-moore-impeached-a7414591.html

Michael Moore has come out and said that Trump is a sociopath and will break laws during his first year that will lead to impeachment.

Now that the "recount" has failed and the Electoral college push to vote Hillary has failed, I suppose this is the nex ...[text shortened]... accept losing the White House again.

So who here agrees with fat bast@rd? (Get in my belly!)
    I disagree with the fat libtard. I think the fat libtard is a sociopath and a left activist, who condones violence by trying to disrupt the inauguration.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree