1. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is there anything in your estimation that Obama has done that is an impeachable offense or is breaking the law or violating the Constitution not an impeachable offense anymore?
    It is rather difficult for the president to single highhandedly violate the constitution in an impeachable or illegal way. Almost anything a president does, he either has the right to do or the government can choose not to implement. I think Trump could only be impeached if he personally does something stupid that can be considered treachery. Any laws or directives he gives would not be impeachable offences. Impeachment tends to come from personal behaviour not poor job performance.
    Having thought about it some more, I think the most likely reason why Trump would get impeached is if he channels government funding to his own business or his families business. That could bring a charge of corruption.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 17:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is rather difficult for the president to single highhandedly violate the constitution in an impeachable or illegal way. Almost anything a president does, he either has the right to do or the government can choose not to implement. I think Trump could only be impeached if he personally does something stupid that can be considered treachery. Any laws or ...[text shortened]... t funding to his own business or his families business. That could bring a charge of corruption.
    Make no mistake, there will be charges and perhaps a hearing or two. Slinging poo is all they do in Washington.

Corruption rules.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Dec '16 19:45
    "It does not matter who writes the laws, it only matters who executes the laws"

Joseph Stalin

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree