1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 11:492 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    As already pointed out several times, there was no "profit". From the Planned Parenthood tapes thread:

We also asked experts in the use of human tissue for research about the potential for profit. Sherilyn J. Sawyer, the director of Harvard University and Brigham and Women’s Hospital’s “biorepository,” told us that “there’s no way there’s a profit at ...[text shortened]... research purposes.”

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/
    There are so many scandals coming out of PP that I don't know what to believe about them. All I know is that I'm not the one who joked about buying a Lamborghini.

You reach a place where you are lied to so often, you simply begin to tune them all out and just assume the worst.

To think that people don't find a way to make money at something like this is just plain naïve in my opinion. That is how the world works.

So if PP is not motivated by money, like you claim, then perhaps they could decline taxpayer money.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 11:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    There are so many scandals coming out of PP that I don't know what to believe about them. All I know is that I'm not the one who joked about buying a Lamborghini.

You reach a place where you are lied to so often, you simply begin to tune them all out and just assume the worst.

To think that people don't find a way to make money at something like this i ...[text shortened]... if PP is not motivated by money, like you claim, then perhaps they could decline taxpayer money.
    They are motivated to serve patients who are in need of their services (overwhelming contraceptive and other types of preventative care) and taxpayer money helps them do that to the public's benefit.

You "tune out" the facts that are incompatible with your ideological preconceptions.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    They are motivated to serve patients who are in need of their services (overwhelming contraceptive and other types of preventative care) and taxpayer money helps them do that to the public's benefit.

You "tune out" the facts that are incompatible with your ideological preconceptions.
    If they are "servants" then they should not need taxpayer funds.

How much money does a servant need in order to be a servant?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 12:03
    If they are "servants" then they should not need taxpayer funds.

How much money does a servant need in order to be a servant?
    🙄🙄🙄
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 12:04

To think that people don't find a way to make money at something like this i ...[text shortened]... if PP is not motivated by money, like you claim, then perhaps they could decline taxpayer money.
    Perhaps that woman was going to keep all the extra money for her personal use, like buying a Lamborghini for herself.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 12:142 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps that woman was going to keep all the extra money for her personal use, like buying a Lamborghini for herself.
    It's like the VA scandal. Things are not what they seem. There are no official documents to look at to find out what is going on, especially if it is illegal. All you can hope for is someone with enough courage to stand up and point the finger.

Interestingly, the doctor who blew the whistle at the VA pleaded for help from Senator John McCain. But as soon as he did, word got back to the VA and they fired the doctor.

Had it not been for some obscure Congressman from Florida, the scandal would probably have been swept under the rug, much like what I think had been happening for years in the VA around the country.

The sad part is, from what I hear this sort of thing continues to go on.

So as we see, like with the IRS scandal, just because they become public means nothing in terms of anyone dealing properly with it.

Just think about this, only one man has been fired from the VA after the said scandal that they admitted to. One man?

What a pathetic joke.

What about the IRS scandal? Again, one person fired?

What about the credit crisis scandal? That's right, no one was held accountable. Not even one person fired from anything.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 12:20
    Speaking of unaccountable scandals, is Hillary President yet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree