1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    I hear talk in some states regulating pot. They say that it needs to be grown just so to avoid such things as mold, spider mites etc. Many say that you need growing conditions just so, which is impossible for people at home to duplicate. Essentially they will require multi million dollar industries to only grow it in order to grow it "safely". So growing ...[text shortened]... alt by corporatly driven governments around the world to disempower people and make them slaves.
    Powdery mildew (not mold) and spider mites can be treated at home. However most home growers can't afford the expensive lighting and plant foods so they will end up with lower quality.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:24
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    How many of those drug deaths were people killing themselves?
    How many of those gun deaths were people shooting themselves?

I would love to see a terrorist attack by drugs... Sharing out space cake or something...
    The subway attacks in Japan used sarin gas, a drug of sorts.
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:29
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Making heroin is not much more difficult than turning tobacco into cigarettes. And the tobacco industry has not become a monopoly so why would turning poppies into heroin present more of an opportunity for monopoly?
    Your argument is unconvincing, as the tobacco industry is basically a cartel. A few folks still buy raw tobacco and roll their own, but it is a distinct minority.

Home produced heroin, in some ways, would present an increase in the already problematic area of dosage. Most street heroin is stepped on pretty hard. A first time maker, would likely wind up with a much more pure H, and likely kill himself if not aware of dosing.

But, I also think we worry too much about what might happen to stupid people.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 Oct '15 19:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Powdery mildew (not mold) and spider mites can be treated at home. However most home growers can't afford the expensive lighting and plant foods so they will end up with lower quality.
    So! They will just have to smoke more, or learn proper horticulture. Lots of great homegrown is already around, and I've seen pot growing wild on tree lawns in the city.
  5. northeastern US of A
    Moves
    10 Oct '15 04:59
    Facts are stubburn things , our elected leaders have gotten far to good at dress up and pretend
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Oct '15 08:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just looked up the number of deaths per year due to illicit drugs, about 46,000. Homocides using guns equal about 11,000.

What is more pressing on society right now? In fact, if the drug issues were done away with, I bet the number of homocides with gun use would drop dramatically.

What is perplexing is that a great number of those advocating legal illicit drug seem to also advocate gun restrictions.
    I think you should double-check your statistics. See these, for example:

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-deaths-and-injuries-statistics/

http://www.drugstatistics.org/Drug_Related_Death_Statistics.htm

Inevitably, there will be some dispute about the exact figures, but the point is, sheer numbers of fatalities is not a reason to ban something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree