1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 19:561 edit
    I don't think this video has hit RHP-Debates yet, but it's a viral video elsewhere on the web. A great indictment by MSNBC's The Dylan Ratigan Show's Dylan Ratigan of poor leadership, poor economics, and poor political interests in the US.

YouTube&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thoughts?
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 23:52
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I don't think this video has hit RHP-Debates yet, but it's a viral video elsewhere on the web. A great indictment by MSNBC's The Dylan Ratigan Show's Dylan Ratigan of poor leadership, poor economics, and poor political interests in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thoughts?
    Ratigan's rant, differs from typical MSNBC stuff only because he acknowledges the reality and severity of the problem. He takes on a new tack from the typical blame everything on GWB, I suspect because he knows that is wearing thin.

Now he blames both parties, with a dismisive rant. There may be a case that the agreement meant little or nothing, but that was because the meaningful attempts of the republican house were dismissed out of hand.

His "solution" near the end, ignores that fraudulent banking begins with the Federal Reserve. We don't need a new extragovernmental bank, a al Fannie Mae. We need to look at the corrupt roots of todays banking. Ron Paul is one of the few pursuing this course.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 01:41
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Ratigan's rant, differs from typical MSNBC stuff only because he acknowledges the reality and severity of the problem. He takes on a new tack from the typical blame everything on GWB, I suspect because he knows that is wearing thin.

Now he blames both parties, with a dismisive rant. There may be a case that the agreement meant little or nothing, but ...[text shortened]... ok at the corrupt roots of todays banking. Ron Paul is one of the few pursuing this course.
    Personally I think he is on the right track even though his facts may be a little askew. GWB was one of the worst presidents, if not the worst president, in US history. I still lay awake at nights wondering if Obama is worse, but then, the only real way to compare would be for a second term. My guess is that Obama would be worse with a second term.
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 02:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I think he is on the right track even though his facts may be a little askew.
    Do you take issue with his numbers or with his policy ideas?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 02:42
    What exactly are his policy ideas other than Obama coming out to the American public saying that Congress does not represent them?

It sounds to me that this is just demagoguery even if truth is in the mix. After all, we all feel the rage he does, so what?
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 02:46
    He spent only a tiny fraction of time on his "policy" suggestions, and tried to evade even that little bit.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 02:48
    Originally posted by normbenign
    He spent only a tiny fraction of time on his "policy" suggestions, and tried to evade even that little bit.
    It's just a ratings rant. All we needed was for Michelle Obama to go storming off the stage like Whoopi on the View.
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:03
    What exactly are his policy ideas other than Obama coming out to the American public saying that Congress does not represent them?

It sounds to me that this is just demagoguery even if truth is in the mix. After all, we all feel the rage he does, so what?
    You missed my point, even though I suspect he has other policy suggestions that he didn't get to--he's currently in the process of writing a book, for what it's worth.

I just wanted to know what "facts" exactly you took issue with.
  9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:04
    It's just a ratings rant. All we needed was for Michelle Obama to go storming off the stage like Whoopi on the View.
    Um, Obama wasn't on his panel...
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:134 edits
    You missed my point, even though I suspect he has other policy suggestions that he didn't get to--he's currently in the process of writing a book, for what it's worth.

I just wanted to know what "facts" exactly you took issue with.
    He is writing a book? Oh goody. So now he can write a book to become even more wealthy which, I assume, is a book that blasts those in Congress who he proports are selling out the American people? In fact, I think he would make a great addition to Congress.

I'll read his book once I get around to "W"'s book which amounts to a vain attempt at self vindication.

I just want to know what exactly are his "solutions" to the problem other than writing a book to make him even more rich than he already is?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:161 edit
    Um, Obama wasn't on his panel...
    I said Michelle, not Barry. Anyhew, my only point was that it would have been a nice dramatical touch to sell the rant. It's all about selling yourself.
  12. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:29
    He is writing a book? Oh goody. So now he can write a book to become even more wealthy which, I assume, is a book that blasts those in Congress who he proports are selling out the American people? In fact, I think he would make a great addition to Congress.

I'll read his book once I get around to "W"'s book which amounts to a vain attempt at self vindic ...[text shortened]... s" to the problem other than writing a book to make him even more rich than he already is?
    Take it easy.

You initially stated (back when you vaguely agreed with him) that you had an issue with some of his "facts." What "facts" are you talking about?

And no, I don't watch his show enough to know him well or to be able to read his mind; if you want to know his solutions to the world's crises, then write him a flipping e-mail. I brought up the fact that he's writing a book to suggest that this wasn't just a one-time stroke of genius. Have you never read a book about politics that was insightful, or have you never wanted to read one you thought might be?

Why are you being pointlessly antagonistic?
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:30
    I said Michelle, not Barry. Anyhew, my only point was that it would have been a nice dramatical touch to sell the rant. It's all about selling yourself.
    And Michelle's last name is Obama, too.

Again, why the snarkiness for the sake of snarkiness?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:402 edits
    Take it easy.

You initially stated (back when you vaguely agreed with him) that you had an issue with some of his "facts." What "facts" are you talking about?

And no, I don't watch his show enough to know him well or to be able to read his mind; if you want to know his solutions to the world's crises, then write him a flipping e-mail. I bro wanted to read one you thought might be?

Why are you being pointlessly antagonistic?
    I agree that the debt ceiling agreement was a joke as well as the fact that had they attained cuts at the $4 trillion mark and avoided the downgrade the country would still be on an unsustainable path. I also agree that Big Government and Big Business are in bed together. Of course, these things are not hard to figure out even with half a brain.

Is this terribly insightful? I suppose it is for people who staunchly defend either party and think that their party actually has solutions and wants change.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 04:431 edit
    And Michelle's last name is Obama, too.

Again, why the snarkiness for the sake of snarkiness?
    Sorry. Maybe I'll go back to my Barney thread to cheer myself up a bit. It's like I always say, if you can't beat'em then at least laugh at them. It's kinda therapeutic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree