1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 04:38
    http://news.ucdavis.edu/search/printable_news.lasso?id=10485&table=news

Apparently earthworms are contributing to global warming. Who knew? You?
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 13:12
    Originally posted by whodey

More like global worming!!!
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 13:22

Several possibilities:

1. Earthworm Reeducation Program. They are clearly thinking only of themselves and acting as individuals. A collectivist philosophy in the earthworm community could help solve this problem. I hope we allocate the proper tax revenue toward a research program whose goal will be to establish a human-earthworm communications protocol. To that end, I strongly urge President Obama to appoint an Earthworm Czar.

2. Regulate earthworm activity. Attach an amendment to the ACA that requires earthworms to only engage in greenhouse-gas producing activities for half their usual time. This will also contribute to overall earthworm health, as they can work less hard and stay home with the kids more.

3. Drone Strikes. The advantage here is that a single drone can kill lots of earthworms. The problem here is that there are lots and lots and lots - and lots - of earthworms.

4. Political protest. I hereby call for a protest against earthworms in Washington, DC and in every state capitol. February 29, 2013 shall be declared Eradicate Earthworms Day, or EEW Day.

This is clearly a huge problem and we Americans must follow our Dear Leader Barack Obama and save the planet.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 13:371 edit
    You guys think this is a joke, but I'm serious here. 😠

Like it or not, the earth is dying, all because of human carbon emissions, and now this! I'm sitting here looking at my lawn freaking out. What should I do, pave it over and paint it green?

If we don't save the earth, who will?
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 17:46

Like it or not, the earth is dying, all because of human carbon emissions, and now this! I'm sitting here looking at my lawn freaking out. What should I do, pave it over and paint it green?

Well for a lot of money Al Gore will be more than happy to help ya there.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 Feb '13 18:43

Everyone should take up fishing. After a rain, you can gather earthworms as bait. If 300 million Americans would just each use a dozen worms a week, we could solve global warming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree