1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Apr '10 00:071 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thanks for the reply.

Are these adult education programs for free, or does it cost anything?
    Free, I think. Maybe some minor fees.

Let's check!

Here's one. I'm not sure if they're mostly free or not.

http://www.veniceadultschool.com/
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    15 Apr '10 05:32
    b@st@rds!

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/no-graduation-ceremony-for-sleepy-teen

No graduation ceremony for sleepy teen

School says she violated policy

Wednesday, 14 Apr 2010, 9:32 PM CDT

* Reporter: Becky DeVries

WAUSAUKEE - "It's the thing you've waited your whole life for, to walk across the stage with your graduating class," said Sam Pierce.

Sam Pierce has been an honor student at Wausaukee High School all school year and was looking forward to graduating with her class in May. But when the class of 2010 walks across the stage, Sam Pierce won't be with them.

"I woke up late," Sam explained.

Sam says one day in February her alarm didn't work, she woke up around 10 o'clock, and went to school shortly after. She says she told the office what happened, and went to class late, which turned out to be an unexcused absence.

"I could have said anything," said Sam. "I went in there not thinking that I wasn't going to be able to walk for graduation and just said 'Hey I made an honest mistake and I'm here. I want to go to class.'"

School policy says "Seniors must have no unexcused absences during the second semester of their senior year or they will not be allowed to participate in the commencement exercise."

The president of the school board wouldn't do an on camera interview, but said over the phone students are well informed of the policy, as far as he's concerned the matter is closed, and he doesn't see any way to change it.

"The policy needs to be changed," said Laurie Espy, Sam's mother. "Everybody deserves a second chance."

Sam's mother went to the school board last week and asked members to change the policy to allow her daughter to participate in the graduation ceremony. They did not.

3. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    15 Apr '10 09:24
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    Should students be allowed to stay in high school until they're 22 years old if they are too thick witted to graduate from the 12th grade?

Or should we just throw in the towel and admit that it's a waste of time trying?
    In former times, before the left-wing crackpots were given the opportunity to spend and waste other people's money, those who were unable to go to university at age 18 regularly studied part-time whilst earning a living. Moreover many studied for a professional qualification rather than a university degree since that was of more use in obtaining promotion other than for those working in purely academic circles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree