England for world cup

England for world cup

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
23 May 06

I pray we go out in the group stages and that general football interest in the country drops as soon as possible. I dread to think what this place will be like for 2 weeks if we make it to the final ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
23 May 06

Originally posted by Starrman
I pray we go out in the group stages and that general football interest in the country drops as soon as possible. I dread to think what this place will be like for 2 weeks if we make it to the final ๐Ÿ˜ž
Believe me lad, you're not the only one!

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
23 May 06

Originally posted by Starrman
An unlikely scenario. Put your minds at ease.

i

Karlstad

Moves
24 May 06

Biased as I am (as everyone else is too in this thread), I´d put England as n2 in the group with 1-1 vs Sweden (as usual), 2-2 vs paraguay and 2-0 vs TnT

N

Moves
24 May 06

Originally posted by infernalgnu
Biased as I am (as everyone else is too in this thread), I´d put England as n2 in the group with 1-1 vs Sweden (as usual), 2-2 vs paraguay and 2-0 vs TnT
It's all balls on the brain, due to the inability of the proletariat to appreciate anything more cultural than Coronation Street or Eastenders.

Moves
24 May 06

N

Moves
24 May 06

Originally posted by catfoodtim
Elitist.

Snob.

Read Raymond Williams.
But factual.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
24 May 06

Originally posted by smiffy
Go England anyone think they will go all the way this summer.....๐Ÿ™‚
And they say the Welsh sold old with the death of Llewellyn! Clearly wrong they are, I'd say!

w

Moves
24 May 06

Originally posted by sjeg
And they say the Welsh sold old with the death of Llewellyn! Clearly wrong they are, I'd say!
He's actually referring to a cunning plot by the rest of Britain which involves everyone coming out at night and digging up the border. When this is done (around the time England play their first World Cup game) everyone gathers along the borders (Scottish and Welsh) and pushes as hard as they can. We're hoping that by the time England are knocked out (we calculate we need them to make it to the 1/4 finals) and everyone leaves their armchairsand opens their doors, they find themselves staring at the Calais hypermarket.

So the 'Go England' refers to England going... all the way to mainland Europe!

Moves
25 May 06

Back line is air tight , midfield water-proof, upfront is kinda gaping๐Ÿ™‚

N

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by 2freeze8
Back line is air tight , midfield water-proof, upfront is kinda gaping๐Ÿ™‚
Sounds like an American sex novel!

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by welsharnie
He's actually referring to a cunning plot by the rest of Britain which involves everyone coming out at night and digging up the border. When this is done (around the time England play their first World Cup game) everyone gathers along the borders (Scottish and Welsh) and pushes as hard as they can. We're hoping that by the time England are knocked out (we ...[text shortened]... permarket.

So the 'Go England' refers to England going... all the way to mainland Europe!
Good plan. But the poor Frogs- why not shove them more towards Saxony, whence they came?

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
25 May 06

Originally posted by sjeg
Good plan. But the poor Frogs- why not shove them more towards Saxony, whence they came?
Just let them float free - where they end up isn't our concern.

How much would a great big outboard motor cost?

w

Moves
26 May 06

Originally posted by Redmike
Just let them float free - where they end up isn't our concern.

How much would a great big outboard motor cost?
I don't know. Maybe if we had a motor too, we could drive it across the ocean to the US, taking care to avoid hitting Ireland of course.

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
26 May 06

Sorry, fellas.

Dida; Cafu, Lúcio, Juan, Roberto Carlos; Emerson, Zé Roberto, Kaka, Ronaldinho; Ronaldo, Adriano.

Our reserves do other team to defeat any team.

No one obstructs our 6th star.