1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 23:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So now you oppose any patents?

In a capitalist system, would there even have been an EpiPen without the possibility of patenting its components and thus getting exclusive use of the technology the company created?

Sure the FDA could just act like it was 1905 and approve any drugs that companies want to hoist on to the public. But you might very we ...[text shortened]... t designed a safe one. Blaming the "goobermint" for this failure is typical right wing nonsense.
    Right, the FDA is never wrong just like Hillary never lies.

Thanks for that.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 23:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Right, the FDA is never wrong just like Hillary never lies.

Thanks for that.
    Of course, this just another pathetic lie like dozens of ones you present on this Forum; I've never made either claim. Present serious evidence of either and I'll make an evaluation.

Regurgitating right wing propaganda with no evidence to support such accusations is your SOP but it remains unpersuasive.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Aug '16 01:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You cannot pin this one on the "american healthcare system".

It is only corporate greed, as usual. The epinephrine in the syringes costs a few dollars at most. Can't blame the system with any seriousness here. Blame the CEO, she's the "inhuman" one here.
    "You cannot pin this one on the "american healthcare system""
    sure i can. all other countries negotiate with pharmaceutical companies. they auction the right to sell a certain product and whoever offers the lowest price wins. in exchange, some gain exclusivity.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 06:07
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "You cannot pin this one on the "american healthcare system""
    sure i can. all other countries negotiate with pharmaceutical companies. they auction the right to sell a certain product and whoever offers the lowest price wins. in exchange, some gain exclusivity.
    But the problem isn't any "healthcare system". If anything, the "system" helps get these medicines to the "end user".

The problem is unrestrained greed, and yes, this may be endemic to America, but the problem is not the "system". It is corporate greed.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 06:111 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Public outrage threatening the jobs of legislatures has to be part of governance of virtual monopolies. This also requires transparency and activist journalism.
    Unfortunately, activist journalism is almost dead in corporate media today.

This is also why we're not hearing about any actual issues in the US presidential campaign. All we hear about is Hillary's emails and Trump's bombast. The media has become devoid of substance because the corporations cannot tolerate an informed public.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Sep '16 09:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But the problem isn't any "healthcare system". If anything, the "system" helps get these medicines to the "end user".

The problem is unrestrained greed, and yes, this may be endemic to America, but the problem is not the "system". It is corporate greed.
    "If anything, the "system" helps get these medicines to the "end user"."
    an affordable price helps get these medicines to the end user

"The problem is unrestrained greed, and yes, this may be endemic to America, but the problem is not the "system". It is corporate greed."
    the system IS corporate greed.
    let me give you an example. in a society without absolutely any laws, would you say the problem is with the system? or with people doing bad things because nobody would punish them ?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '16 00:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "If anything, the "system" helps get these medicines to the "end user"."
    an affordable price helps get these medicines to the end user

"The problem is unrestrained greed, and yes, this may be endemic to America, but the problem is not the "system". It is corporate greed."
    the system IS corporate greed.
    let me give you an example. in a society witho ...[text shortened]... e problem is with the system? or with people doing bad things because nobody would punish them ?
    A society with no laws would be a cemetery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree