1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 21:051 edit
    Is this what the EU should be doing?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-02/netflix-amazon-forced-to-promote-fund-eu-works-under-new-rules?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google
  2. Germany
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 21:24
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Is this what the EU should be doing?
    I don't think so. What about you?
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 22:501 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I don't think so. What about you?
    No. I think it's entirely unnecessary rude invasive meddling by a government into the affairs of a private company and a perfect example of why people become attracted to Brexit-like situations (well, that and rampant RACISM and SEXISM, of course).

I swear, it's like the EU just begs to be disliked.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 22:551 edit
    Sounds like a French idea. They’ve been doing similar stuff for years.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '18 23:29
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    No. I think it's entirely unnecessary rude invasive meddling by a government into the affairs of a private company and a perfect example of why people become attracted to Brexit-like situations (well, that and rampant RACISM and SEXISM, of course).

What would you like them to spend all day doing?

They are bureaucrats and as such they bureaucrat around.

Now that they have been given power, they will take more, and more, and more, and more.

Enjoy.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:25
    @great-king-rat said

The people who passed this (to be ratified) law are not "the EU," the scary, amorphous monster under your bed, but MEPs, people voters like you and me put there.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 08:58
    @kazetnagorra said
    The people who passed this (to be ratified) law are not "the EU," the scary, amorphous monster under your bed, but MEPs, people voters like you and me put there.
    Can you give some more information about this?

In what way did I put people "there", that now decide what streaming services have to offer? What should I do differently to change this?

Also, why do you say it's not "the EU"? Are these not "EU rules"?

Also, why do you describe the EU as "the scary, amorphous monster under your bed"? Is it that you think that people who are critical of the EU literally view the EU that way? Or is it simply a way to ridicule and belittle those who are critical?

Have these new rules changed your opinion on the EU? If so, are you going to do something differently "next time"?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 11:48
    @great-king-rat said
    Can you give some more information about this?

In what way did I put people "there", that now decide what streaming services have to offer? What should I do differently to change this?

Also, why do you say it's not "the EU"? Are these not "EU rules"?

Also, why do you describe the EU as "the scary, amorphous monster under your bed"? Is it that you think that pe ...[text shortened]... rules changed your opinion on the EU? If so, are you going to do something differently "next time"?
    If the Dutch parliament passed a law you don't like, do you think that "the Netherlands just begs to be disliked" is an appropriate response, undeserving of mockery?

I didn't look up the voting record of the representative I voted for with respect to this law. I suspect that they voted against, but frankly this is a rather minor issue that wouldn't affect my vote anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree