ExSTINKtion

Standard memberwhodey
Debates 07 May '12 00:33
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '12 00:331 edit
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/leading-scientists-now-blaming-dinosaur-flatulence-for-global-warming/

Leading scientists are now saying that dinosaur flatulence may have been partially responsible for climate change in pre-historic times. Some are going so far as to say that it may have been so catastrophic it helped lead to the dinosaur's eventual extinction. They calculate that the dinosaurs produced more than 520 m tons of methane a year - more than all today's modern sources put together.

You just can't make this stuff up. It's like watching a South Park episode or something. 😛
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 May '12 01:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/leading-scientists-now-blaming-dinosaur-flatulence-for-global-warming/

Leading scientists are now saying that dinosaur flatulence may have been partially responsible for climate change in pre-historic times. Some are going so far as to say that it may have been so catastrophic it helped lead to the dinosaur's eventual extin ...[text shortened]... ed more than 520 m tons of methane a year - more than all today's modern sources put together.
    You just can't make this stuff up.

The scientists - although only one is cited by name, along with his assistant[s] - have made some calculations about the amount of methane that was produced naturally 100 or so million years ago. The "...some [who] are going so far as to say that it may have been so catastrophic it helped lead to the dinosaur's eventual extinction" seems to be a Canadian journalist called Jonathan Leake writing in the Ottawa Times. Is Leake one of the "leading scientists" you are referring to, whodey? And are you claiming that the calculation that the dinosaurs produced more than 520 million tons of methane a year is "made up"?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 May '12 04:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]You just can't make this stuff up.

The scientists - although only one is cited by name, along with his assistant[s] - have made some calculations about the amount of methane that was produced naturally 100 or so million years ago. The "...some [who] are going so far as to say that it may have been so catastrophic it helped lead to the dinosaur's eventu n that the dinosaurs produced more than 520 million tons of methane a year is "made up"?[/b]
    From the way I read the article, he was referring to some scientists who thought it catastrophic. Why would he use his own opinion FMF? Just realize that no opinion, other than yours of course, really matters......😛
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 May '12 05:21
    From the way I read the article, he was referring to some scientists who thought it catastrophic. Why would he use his own opinion FMF?
    The quote in your link was actually what some journalist had written, not a scientist, just the kind of 'evidence' you seem to like. You said "You just can't make this stuff up". Which part of the research about methane do you dispute?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '12 06:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which part of the research about methane do you dispute?
    Anything that includes the words 'global warming' because then he might have to pay carbon taxes.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 May '12 16:23

Leading scientists are now saying that dinosaur flatulence may have been partially responsible for climate change in pre-historic times. Some are going so far as to say that it may have been so catastrophic it helped lead to the dinosaur's eventual extin ...[text shortened]... u just can't make this stuff up. It's like watching a South Park episode or something. 😛
    I would think that the sheer number of human beings now would generate more methane than the dinosaurs. I could be wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree