1. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 May '12 17:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    I was never really into Apple products. I've always used PCs and I didn't own an Ipod until, I think it was 2005.

Now I've got 2 iphones (one in service; but the other still works as an ipod) and an ipod touch and my wife has a nano. Apple products just work. They don't come with directions which is as powerful a statement as any. You don't have to read dire ...[text shortened]... boy? Well, gee, I buy the product because I like it. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it.
    That doesn't make you a fanboy. I would define fanboys as people who defend their favorite product/company/whatever without any rational basis or with little rational basis.

I work at a tech company and there are plenty of people with a variety of phones. I work closely with mobile and have played with android phones and I just don't like it all that much.

There are definitely benefits to android and to the iphone.
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 May '12 20:37
    Doesn't anybody have something to say about the IPO debacle??
  3. Germany
    Moves
    24 May '12 21:07
    Insider trading is hardly newsworthy, though if they do find proof that's obviously a good thing.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 May '12 21:52
    Originally posted by uzless
    Doesn't anybody have something to say about the IPO debacle??
    I am waiting to see how things come out.

From what I have read/heard the case really depends on the analyst call before the IPO where the investors are claiming that they mislead them.

I wonder if they have a recording of the analyst call or whether they have to have a trial based on he said she said and figure out what went wrong.

I personally find it hard to believe that they didn't purposely omit information to make sure the IPO went well, but the question was whether that was criminal or sufficient reason for them to be liable.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    25 May '12 01:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, indeed. Apple is supposedly worth $600 billion, but $590 billion of that is based on hipsters buying every fart Apple shoves in their faces. What if next year not Apple, but Google, Amazon or even Microsoft (ok, that's not going to happen) is cool? Or what if hipsters start getting a clue?
    I've been wondering when Google would introduce a PC OS based on the Android system, to compete with Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree