1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 May '12 20:31
    What a debacle. Can anyone seriously still not believe retail investors are getting hosed by institutional investors with inside knowledge????

Morgan stanley (who were the underwriters) downgrade their revenue forecast for Facebook but only tell their clients and then everyone wonders why the stock tanks right after it opens?!!!

You gotta be kidding me. This should be the case that rips open the farce of investing these days.

Don't even get me started about the fact NASDAQ couldn't handle the High Frequency Traders accounts that they have thus far done nothing but placate....a 20 minute delay resulting in institutional investors getting their trades in but not retails investors???? Wow...what a corrupt system.

Where's the DISLIKE button??
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 May '12 20:34
    Originally posted by uzless
    What a debacle. Can anyone seriously still not believe retail investors are getting hosed by institutional investors with inside knowledge????

Morgan stanley (who were the underwriters) downgrade their revenue forecast for Facebook but only tell their clients and then everyone wonders why the stock tanks right after it opens?!!!

You gotta be kidding m ...[text shortened]... n but not retails investors???? Wow...what a corrupt system.

Did you really expect anything different?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    22 May '12 20:35
    Don't worry, you can make up your losses by shorting Apple.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 May '12 20:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Don't worry, you can make up your losses by shorting Apple.
    Apple's on the long slow road to irrelevancy. The Imac will be the first to go, then the Iphone...eventually all the company will be is an online Itunes store which will itself be bought out by a giant media conglomerate.

People are starting to get tired of buying out of date technology at 3 times the price.

Check out HTC's ONE X or Samsung's Galaxy 3 as proof how far behind Apple is getting.

Mark the day.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 May '12 21:251 edit

You gotta be kidding m n but not retails investors???? Wow...what a corrupt system.

You fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

All this talk about Facebook and how it has made all these people rich etc. Then they offer a stock to the average Joe. Then it tanks as they make even more money behind the scenes off you. When offered a chance to make money along side the rest of the population, a red flag should always go up. The only way to make money is to know something the average Joe does not.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 May '12 21:26
    Apple's on the long slow road to irrelevancy. The Imac will be the first to go, then the Iphone...eventually all the company will be is an online Itunes store which will itself be bought out by a giant media conglomerate.

People are starting to get tired of buying out of date technology at 3 times the price.

Check out HTC's ONE X or Samsung's Galaxy 3 as proof how far behind Apple is getting.

Mark the day.
    Apple had revenues of $108 billion in 2001, up from $65 billion in 2010. That's a mighty slow road.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:18
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Apple had revenues of $108 billion in 2001, up from $65 billion in 2010. That's a mighty slow road.
    Don't look to the past...look to the future. Apple is destined to become Microsoft...a stock price stuck below a ceiling.

How long can being cool justify buying inferior products? The market will shift and when it does......
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    You fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

All this talk about Facebook and how it has made all these people rich etc. Then they offer a stock to the average Joe. Then it tanks as they make even more money behind the scenes off you. When offered a chance to make money along side the rest of the population, a red flag should always go up. The only way to make money is to know something the average Joe does not.
    For a start, i never bought Facebook shares.

The point, dear liza, is that this kind of stock price manipulation is becoming so rampant with insider information that it's about time the SEC walked and in and stomped on a few people.

This might be just the case to do it.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    23 May '12 17:18

Mark the day.
    Yes, indeed. Apple is supposedly worth $600 billion, but $590 billion of that is based on hipsters buying every fart Apple shoves in their faces. What if next year not Apple, but Google, Amazon or even Microsoft (ok, that's not going to happen) is cool? Or what if hipsters start getting a clue?
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    23 May '12 19:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, indeed. Apple is supposedly worth $600 billion, but $590 billion of that is based on hipsters buying every fart Apple shoves in their faces. What if next year not Apple, but Google, Amazon or even Microsoft (ok, that's not going to happen) is cool? Or what if hipsters start getting a clue?
    The hipsters will grow up and as they get older and being cool becomes less important, they'll start to ask why they are paying an arm and a leg just so they can have the same thing their friends have.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 19:48
    Don't look to the past...look to the future. Apple is destined to become Microsoft...a stock price stuck below a ceiling.

How long can being cool justify buying inferior products? The market will shift and when it does......
    You could say that about any successful company. Apple was successful and then went broke before their current success.

Apple's products deliver what many consumers actually want despite what the anti-fanbois think.

Most users don't care about a longer feature list and apple has realized that and that's primarily why they are as successful as they are.

Sure, if another company comes up with a paradigm shifting technology then apple, like any company, could be caught with their pants down and it could just lose focus on doing what they are doing right - and whether you believe it or not they are doing some things right.

The only thing as annoying as some apple (and other company) fanbois are the people who are just as irrational in their hatred of apple.
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    24 May '12 15:21
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    You could say that about any successful company. Apple was successful and then went broke before their current success.

Apple's products deliver what many consumers actually want despite what the anti-fanbois think.

Most users don't care about a longer feature list and apple has realized that and that's primarily why they are as successful as they ...[text shortened]... nd other company) fanbois are the people who are just as irrational in their hatred of apple.
    Predicting future investment trends has nothing to do with hatred.
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    24 May '12 15:311 edit
    Predicting future investment trends has nothing to do with hatred.
    I didn't say it did.

There are many people who deride apple as if the only reason why they buy it is "because their friend has one" and that's a naive interpretation and from my experience usually because of a somewhat irrational dislike of apple and their popularity.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 May '12 17:011 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I didn't say it did.

There are many people who deride apple as if the only reason why they buy it is "because their friend has one" and that's a naive interpretation and from my experience usually because of a somewhat irrational dislike of apple and their popularity.
    I was never really into Apple products. I've always used PCs and I didn't own an Ipod until, I think it was 2005.

Now I've got 2 iphones (one in service; but the other still works as an ipod) and an ipod touch and my wife has a nano. Apple products just work. They don't come with directions which is as powerful a statement as any. You don't have to read directions with Apple products because everything is exactly where you would think it would be. My 2 year old has no trouble operating the Itouch. He can't read it, but he can navigate to his favorite games and videos. He was using the ipod before he could say its name.

They also don't break. My old iphone fell in the bathtub a few times and fell to the ground countless times. It will works fine.

An I a fanboy? Well, gee, I buy the product because I like it. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    24 May '12 17:27
    Originally posted by sh76
    I was never really into Apple products. I've always used PCs and I didn't own an Ipod until, I think it was 2005.

Now I've got 2 iphones (one in service; but the other still works as an ipod) and an ipod touch and my wife has a nano. Apple products just work. They don't come with directions which is as powerful a statement as any. You don't have to read dire ...[text shortened]... boy? Well, gee, I buy the product because I like it. If that makes me a fanboy, so be it.
    Me too I have a galaxy phone and defended it against my friends and family who had the iphone and I still would. But I had a birthday recently and my partner got me the new ipad and I absolutely love it, soon as i picked it up we bonded, the idiot proof navigation, and the hi res screen is the buisness.

So I thought I better get a cover for it and when I felt it's magnet click on, and rolled it up into a perfect table top stand our relationship was complete.

I get the price objection thing though, I probably would never have brought one for myself, good to hear the casing is idiot proof too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree