1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 15:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, there you are. Head firmly up your ass.
    I make a thoughtful comment, and you respond with an insult. Reflects on you not me.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 16:03
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There has always been climate change, and its not going away.
    Is this the abstract you submitted to Nature?
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 16:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is this the abstract you submitted to Nature?
    Just a statement of fact.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 16:09
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I make a thoughtful comment, and you respond with an insult. Reflects on you not me.
    I respond because you are unable to understand the full impact of such climate change.

It would not be, well, now it's just a bit warmer, we can grow crops better and such.
    It's literally hundreds of millions of people starving, displaced from their sea side villages now drowning since the sea will rise maybe one or two meters. That means no more Florida, New Orleans and such, The dutch may be inundated, sea wall not high enough.
    But to you, no problem, my carrots will grow better.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Dec '15 16:181 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I respond because you are unable to understand the full impact of such climate change.

It would not be, well, now it's just a bit warmer, we can grow crops better and such.
    It's literally hundreds of millions of people starving, displaced from their sea side villages now drowning since the sea will rise maybe one or two meters. That means no more Florid ...[text shortened]... ay be inundated, sea wall not high enough.
    But to you, no problem, my carrots will grow better.
    The climate has changed dramatically in the distant past. Theory has it that the extinction of dinosaurs was one result. Creation of polar ice caps another. There is no scientific consensus that current small fluctuations in temperature even make such cataclysmic threats. Even if there were, there are diverse scientific opinions, even though many are captured by promises of grants for politically correct projections.

The fact that some professed scientists engage in outright fraud, such as the tree rings scam, tells me that the threat of global climate change is more political than scientific.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree