1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:16
    I understand that in certain states of the USA, there is a class of people relegated to permanent second-class status on grounds of previous felony conviction. However some states have seen the light and overturned this vicious practice. Is this positive trend likely to continue?
  2. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:54
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I understand that in certain states of the USA, there is a class of people relegated to permanent second-class status on grounds of previous felony conviction. However some states have seen the light and overturned this vicious practice. Is this positive trend likely to continue?
    You would have to be more specific about what constitutes a second class citizen. If you mean ex cons can't vote, then I wasn't aware any states allowed that.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    07 Nov '12 18:56
    Originally posted by dryhump
    You would have to be more specific about what constitutes a second class citizen. If you mean ex cons can't vote, then I wasn't aware any states allowed that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement#United_States

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree