1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 12:57
    Who would have thought. Just when it seemed that the nomination was a slam dunk and Ford would be a speed bump footnote... Flake says we need the FBI.

Is this the GOP's Hillary moment where just as they start taking it for granted that all their plans will succeed, the whole ball of wax starts to unravel??
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 13:06
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Who would have thought. Just when it seemed that the nomination was a slam dunk and Ford would be a speed bump footnote... Flake says we need the FBI.

Is this the GOP's Hillary moment where just as they start taking it for granted that all their plans will succeed, the whole ball of wax starts to unravel??
    Flake knew what he was doing, personally I don't know what are they going to investigate.
    Where are they going to go look for evidence, no place was named?
    Who they going to talk to that can back up the story everyone she names said they were not there?
    What times can they look at to see who was where when, nope nothing!
    For all we know she had a bad dream with all the details we have, he did it, she remembers that and nothing else.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:22
    Originally posted by @kmax87

I think it's a combination of Sen. Flake getting an ear full a lot of very angry women, coupled with the fact he's not seeking reelection that's made him the weak link in the GOP's defensive wall.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:26
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I think it's a combination of Sen. Flake getting an ear full a lot of very angry women, coupled with the fact he's not seeking reelection that's made him the weak link in the GOP's defensive wall.
    Flake stands against Trump, that is all he is doing is helping delay what Trump wants in
    my opinion nothing more. I don't think he is scared or honorable in what he is doing, just
    helping out the Dems in delaying K getting the job as long as possible.
  5. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    29 Sep '18 16:30
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Flake stands against Trump, that is all he is doing is helping delay what Trump wants in
    my opinion nothing more. I don't think he is scared or honorable in what he is doing, just
    helping out the Dems in delaying K getting the job as long as possible.
    Just like McLame. One last jab at Trump b4 he's gone.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 13:43
    The FBI investigation has a ton of restrictions placed upon it by the white house. Which is preposterous but this is America.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 16:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Flake knew what he was doing, personally I don't know what are they going to investigate.
    Where are they going to go look for evidence, no place was named?
    Who they going to talk to that can back up the story everyone she names said they were not there?
    What times can they look at to see who was where when, nope nothing!
    For all we know she had a bad dream with all the details we have, he did it, she remembers that and nothing else.
    Agreed. This is carefully calculated.
    He kicked the nomination forward one square, then hit a pause button.
    To allow for an FBI "investigation".
    After which the nomination process moves forward to the ultimate goal.

As much as Trump and Flake are at odds, Flake is a conservative is a conservative is a conservative !!

He is more conservative than Trump, who btw is just throwing red meat at the Evangelicals while he pursues his own personal agenda.
    Self-enrichment (a la Putin).

A conservative SCOTUS is the Holy Grail for conservatism.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    30 Sep '18 21:36
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Agreed. This is carefully calculated.
    He kicked the nomination forward one square, then hit a pause button.
    To allow for an FBI "investigation".
    After which the nomination process moves forward to the ultimate goal.

As much as Trump and Flake are at odds, Flake is a conservative is a conservative is a conservative !!

He is more conservative than Tr ...[text shortened]... nda.
    Self-enrichment (a la Putin).

A conservative SCOTUS is the Holy Grail for conservatism.
    Its probably just wishful thinking on my part, but there is a sense of the tide turning against the privileged classes.

" Rather than defending Kavanaugh at all costs, like the network's prime time hosts have been doing, Fox's daytime journalists and commentators highlighted Ford's credibility and humanity on display at Thursday's hearing.

"I think Dr. Ford is exceptionally credible," Fox's top legal analyst, Judge Andrew Napolitano, said.

"A lot of folks" are "viewing her as a very credible witness," Supreme Court correspondent and 11 p.m. anchor Shannon Bream said.

After the first break at Thursday's hearing, "Fox News Sunday" moderator Chris Wallace said "this is a disaster for the Republicans."

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/27/media/christine-blasey-ford-fox-news/index.html

For some this may indicate nothing, but in my view there's been movement on the dial. If anyone had told you that Ford would have received a soft landing at Fox prior to her testimony, I reckon most people would say, that you had gone soft in the head. But the times they are a changing.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree