Moves
    21 Jul '16 18:212 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 21:24
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I suspect there was more to the story that we don't know, but it does seem like a clear case of racial discrimination. I do think that if an airline sells a ticket then refuses to serve the customer, they should pay for alternative transportation at a minimum unless they can prove the cancellation was the customers fault. Making the flight attendant uncomfortable should not qualify.
    I do think flight attendants do and should have the right to ask for passengers to be removed, but they need to justify it. Certain passengers such as those under the influence of alcohol can be a danger to a flight.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 21:59

4. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 22:19
    We all know that such security measure are mostly just for show.

So the flight attendant should have accepted their judgment that he was *not* a threat to security.
    I disagree. I believe that if a flight attendant, or even a passenger, believes a passenger is a possible threat to security they should speak up and do something about it. They should of course be able to justify their belief.
    It is a fact that terrorist and other malicious people can get through other security checks and on to aircraft. To suggest that anyone there is automatically 'cleared' is ridiculous.

But she did not, repeatedly calling unwarranted attention on her own to this passenger as a threat.
    I believe that her calling attention to the passenger and rudely addressing him was a serious error on her part. Such behaviour would not stop a terrorist and is not the correct way to deal with a genuine security threat.

In my view, she overstepped the boundary of what she was supposed to be doing.
    In my view, she has the right to be concerned about security threat or undesirable passengers. However, she handled it completely inappropriately.

I believe that she would have had a sufficient reason to ask for his removal *if* the
    passenger had overstepped his boundary by, for instance, sexually harassing her,
    but there's no known evidence that he did that or that she made that complaint.

It must be noted that his removal was requested after he talked to several crew members. We are not privy to the details of his behaviour at this point. He could have been very upset and behaving very upset and his removal may have been justified on those grounds. The flight attendants actions that caused him to be upset are what may not have been justified. It is actually possible that she initially thought she was joking but he took it the wrong way. Cultural clashes of that nature are not uncommon.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '16 23:004 edits

6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    22 Jul '16 05:15
    You never know what they're hiding under that burka!
    Or kilt...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree