Not intrinsically.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 15:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not intrinsically.
    Have there been studies how do you know?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 16:04
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Have there been studies how do you know?
    I know that GMO's cannot intrinsically affect bees because I know what GMO's are and I know what the word "intrinsically" means.

A specific kind of GMO may in specific circumstances affect a specific type of bees.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 16:081 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I know that GMO's cannot intrinsically affect bees because I know what GMO's are and I know what the word "intrinsically" means.

A specific kind of GMO may in specific circumstances affect a specific type of bees.
    What got me thinking along these lines are that specific bees are said to be dying off.
    It started me wondering if there were in the areas these bees live an abundance of GMO
    and in areas these bees were not dying off are GMO not there in the same amounts?
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 16:42
    I did a google scholar search which pulls up more reliable science than a google search. Yes, there is evidence GMOs adversly affect bees.

http://healingmindn.com/personal/GMOs_DeathoftheBees.pdf
  7. Germany
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 16:48
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I did a google scholar search which pulls up more reliable science than a google search. Yes, there is evidence GMOs adversly affect bees.

Not actually a journal article though.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 16:53
    Originally posted by Phranny

Thank you!
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 17:13
    I put this discussion in the Science forum as Bee lives matter.
    I should have put it there to begin with.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 19:35
    What got me thinking along these lines are that specific bees are said to be dying off.
    It started me wondering if there were in the areas these bees live an abundance of GMO
    and in areas these bees were not dying off are GMO not there in the same amounts?
    No, no, and no.

The culprit here is certain kinds of neonicotinoids.

According to Wikipedia:
    "In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including honey-bee colony collapse disorder (CCD) and loss of birds due to a reduction in insect populations. In 2013, the European Union and a few non EU countries restricted the use of certain neonicotinoids."

Bayer (yes, that Bayer) is the largest manufacturer of these kinds of pesticides.

And conservatives like you want to remove all regulation on corporations. Without regulation, I doubt if any honeybees would be left in North America.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '16 19:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, no, and no.

The culprit here is certain kinds of neonicotinoids.

According to Wikipedia:
    "In the late 1990s neonicotinoids came under increasing scrutiny over their environmental impacts. Neonicotinoid use was linked in a range of studies to adverse ecological effects, including honey-bee colony collapse disorder (CCD) and loss of birds due to a ...[text shortened]... n on corporations. Without regulation, I doubt if any honeybees would be left in North America.
    Why in the world would you spout off with "conservatives like you" I have no opinion about
    any of this. Brand new topic for me...if it were not for a niece of mine I'd more than likely
    just ignored it all together.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 14:01
    Why in the world would you spout off with "conservatives like you" I have no opinion about
    any of this. Brand new topic for me...if it were not for a niece of mine I'd more than likely
    just ignored it all together.
    Ok, tell us then, what is your opinion of regulation on corporations?

I just merely tried to get directly to my point since most republicans think regulation stifles business and should therefore be abolished. Screw the honeybees, right? And while we're at it, who needs safe, potable water in Flint, MI? And oh, yeah, there's no such thing as global warming, right?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 15:39
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ok, tell us then, what is your opinion of regulation on corporations?

I just merely tried to get directly to my point since most republicans think regulation stifles business and should therefore be abolished. Screw the honeybees, right? And while we're at it, who needs safe, potable water in Flint, MI? And oh, yeah, there's no such thing as global warming, right?
    Fine you lump all Republicans together as group thinkers.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '16 15:48
    I wonder if the way we are screwing around with GMO if that doesn't affect
    Bee's lives?
    No doubt, Monsanto and the Prog political machine are probably trying to kill off bees so that nothing will grow except what they pollinate themselves.

That might give them a monopoly on food for the rest of eternity.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '16 04:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    No doubt, Monsanto and the Prog political machine are probably trying to kill off bees so that nothing will grow except what they pollinate themselves.

That might give them a monopoly on food for the rest of eternity.
    "Monsanto and the Progs".

What have you been smoking?

Corporation worship is part and parcel of the political right, pinhead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree