1. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 05:22
    Who's more corrupt in Congress between the Republicans and the Democrats? " When comparing criminal indictments of those serving in the executive branch of presidential administrations, it's so lopsided as to be ridiculous. Yet all I ever hear is how corrupt the Democrats are. So why don't we break it down by president and run the numbers.
    Obama (D) - 8yrs in office. zero criminal indictments, zero convictions and zero prison sentences. so the next time somebody describes the Obama administration as "scandal free" they aren't speaking wishfully, they're simply telling the truth.
    Bush, George W. (R) - 8yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.
    Clinton (D) - 8yrs in office. 2 criminal indictments. one conviction. one prison sentence. that's right nearly 8yrs of investigations. tens of millions spent and 30yrs of claiming them the most corrupt ever and there was exactly one person convicted of a crime.
    Bush, George H. W. (R) - 4yrs in office. one indictment. one conviction. one prison sentence.
    Reagan (R) - 8yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 8 prison sentences.
    Carter (D) - 4yrs in office. one indictment. zero convictions and zero prison sentences.
    Ford (R) - 2 1/2 yrs in office. one indictment and one conviction. one prison sentence. Pardoned Richard Nixon.
    Nixon (R) - 6yrs in office. 76 criminal indictments. 55 convictions. 15 prison sentences.
    Johnson (D) - 5yrs in office. zero indictments. zero convictions. zero prison sentences.

So, let’s see where that leaves us. In the last 53 years Democrats have been in office for 25 of those years while Republicans held it for 28. In their 25yrs in office Democrats had a total of three executive branch officials indicted with one conviction and one prison sentence. That's one whole executive branch official convicted of a crime in two and a half decades of Democrat leadership. In the 28yrs that Republicans have held office over the last 53yrs, they have had a total of (a drum roll would be more than appropriate), 120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal convictions and 34 prison sentences handed down. That's more prison sentences than years in office since 1968 for Republicans. If you want to count articles of impeachment as indictments (they aren't really but we can count them as an action), both sides get one more. However, Clinton wasn't found guilty while Nixon resigned and was pardoned by Ford. So, those only serve to make Republicans look even worse. With everything going on with Trump and his people right now, it's a safe bet Republicans are gonna be padding their numbers real soon. So let's just go over the numbers one more time. 120 indictments for Republicans. 89 convictions and 34 prison sentences. Those aren't "feelings" or "alternate facts" or even "fake news"; these simply are the stats by the numbers.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 05:33
    @XYYZ
    Astounding stats ... thanks.
    I would have guessed the Republicans were more shady but the difference is wild.
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 07:31
    Hahaha
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 07:331 edit
    @XYYZ

And yet all we hear from Fox News and others is how some democrat (usually Hillary or Obama) needs to be investigated and thrown in jail.

Heads in the sand all around.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 09:01
    @suzianne said
    @XYYZ

And yet all we hear from Fox News and others is how some democrat (usually Hillary or Obama) needs to be investigated and thrown in jail.

Heads in the sand all around.
    Which neatly brings us round to my post in the beastie named after trump.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 15:31
    @xyyz said
    Who's more corrupt in Congress between the Republicans and the Democrats? " When comparing criminal indictments of those serving in the executive branch of presidential administrations, it's so lopsided as to be ridiculous. Yet all I ever hear is how corrupt the Democrats are. So why don't we break it down by president and run the numbers.
    Obama (D) - 8yrs in office. zero crim ...[text shortened]... en't "feelings" or "alternate facts" or even "fake news"; these simply are the stats by the numbers.
    FWIW - I completely agree.

In addition, it's comical to watch FOX and friends' pathetic attempts to blame everything on the Democrats, when Trump and the GOP have controlled the White House, The Senate, and The House for nearly 2 years. Thankfully the court of public opinion is now against them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree