1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '13 20:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    I think you're getting pretty far afield here. If you read carefully what's in the links, it would suggest that sexuality is may not be a matter of choice. I can't comment much on other behavior, since the links didn't either. (just saying)
    I never said that it was. I just said that it doesn't matter when it comes to something being right or wrong. If you need a link to read up on how some people have a predisposition when it comes to different things, then your basic knowledge level isn't so great on the subject.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:062 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jun/16/neuroscience.psychology

[quote]Striking similarities between the brains of gay men and straight women have been discovered by neuroscientists, offering fresh evidence that sexual orientation is hardwired into our neural circuitry.

Scans reveal homosexual men and heterosexual women have symmetrical brains, wi en earn more money than women, not because of sexism, but because males are just better at it?
    You raise a couple of different points. To me the most striking point is not the issues being argued regarding income (though interesting), but instead the most striking is that this continues to confirm that homosexuality is hard-wired.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:13
    By hard wired, do you mean determined at birth?
  4. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:22
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/jun/16/neuroscience.psychology

[quote]Striking similarities between the brains of gay men and straight women have been discovered by neuroscientists, offering fresh evidence that sexual orientation is hardwired into our neural circuitry.

Scans reveal homosexual men and heterosexual women have symmetrical brains, wi ...[text shortened]... en earn more money than women, not because of sexism, but because males are just better at it?
    I would call that prejudice were it not true! 🙂
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So you are saying that different people are born having different likes and dislikes? You are saying that some people are basically hard wired to act in certain ways? Some people might be hard wired to be addicts while others aren't? Some people might be hard wired to be violent, while others are not?

I'd say that this is pretty obvious. We all have ou ...[text shortened]... ether something is right or wrong has nothing to do with our predisposition.

Just saying.
    Not a predisposition but hardwired to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex or to the same sex.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:30
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Not a predisposition but hardwired to be sexually attracted to the opposite sex or to the same sex.
    You mean hardwired at birth?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:371 edit
    By hard wired, do you mean determined at birth?
    Determined at conception.

The wiring comes later as the fetus develops but the instructions are in the DNA.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Determined at conception.

The wiring comes later as the fetus develops but the instructions are in the DNA.
    Do studies on twins confirm this belief?
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:401 edit
    Do studies on twins confirm this belief?
    I think the answer to that is yes. Gimme a minute or two and I'll see if I can find something I'll edit in.

EDIT - Well it's not 100%. So your point is well taken. Because there are identical twins, one of whom is hetero, the other homo, it's clearly not purely genetic.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:421 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I think the answer to that is yes. Gimme a minute or two and I'll see if I can find something I'll edit in.
    No need to edit. I know the answer is no. If it were, then there would be a 100% chance that if one twin is gay, then the other would be gay. The highest correlation I've seen is 52%. I've seen lower but gave you the highest I've seen.

Here is one link with a lower number: http://theaquilareport.com/identical-twins-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic/
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '13 18:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree