1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 21:485 edits
    Trump supporters and many on the alt right have found a convenient boogeyman to blame all their problems on The "Deep State" is supposed to be a group of shadowy power players within our government, media and law enforcement communities that are out to destroy Trump and family. Trump and his supporters need an enemy to vilify, and blame their problems on, and they can't use the Democrats anymore since the GOP controls the Senate, House and Whitehouse. This is going to be easy for the Trump folks to get away with since they don't have to so identify their enemy, and their followers are too ignorant and easily led bother to research this for themselves, so be prepared for a lot more of this folks. The "Deep State" and their "Secret Society" will get ya, if you don't watch out!!
    ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/26/fox-news-deep-state-conspiracies-372856

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/05/michael-goodwin-fbi-memo-proves-deep-state-is-real-and-press-is-part-it.html

Here is one from the National Enquirer, the most trusted name in news!!

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/videos/donald-trump-deep-state-operatives-2/
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    06 Feb '18 22:15
    Just curious...

Is it plausible that Trump colluded with Russia?

If it is plausible to imagine Pres. Trump colluding, and he is now the very head of state of the US, why would it he implausible to think of other people at other points exploiting their power?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:02
    Originally posted by @jacob-verville
    Just curious...

Is it plausible that Trump colluded with Russia?

If it is plausible to imagine Pres. Trump colluding, and he is now the very head of state of the US, why would it he implausible to think of other people at other points exploiting their power?
    Everyone within the DOJ and FBI never abuses their power, and only the GOP abuses power in the Congress or the Oval office.

Got it?
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 04:51
    So tell me, Whodey, what's this deep state's agenda?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 05:41
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    To weaken the United States as without Donald Trump's stable genius at the helm we won't be able to resist the race of human-alien hybrids they have prepared to conquer the Earth.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 06:09
    You know, they believe that the Mukden incident was caused by a small organization of officers in the Japanese Army called "Kodo-ha" (Control Group) meant to push Japan into war with China and give plausible deniability for such a war... I believe this is now accepted as a fact.

You can look at virtually any country and see far less dramatic but equally dubious string pulling from non-democratic groups.

The point of this is only to say the total obvious...

There are always "deep state players," for lack of a better word.

The only thing that makes the proposition of the FBI having Obama loyalists actively undermining Trump is the fact that it doesn't sit well with people who idolized the last President.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 06:39
    You know, they believe that the Mukden incident was caused by a small organization of officers in the Japanese Army called "Kodo-ha" (Control Group) meant to push Japan into war with China and give plausible deniability for such a war... I believe this is now accepted as a fact.

You can look at virtually any country and see far less dramatic but ...[text shortened]... ermining Trump is the fact that it doesn't sit well with people who idolized the last President.
    It also doesn't sit well with the evidence though such trivialities are unimportant to right wingers.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 07:26
    It's a bizarre world where the FBI literally made Trump president (remember that Comey letter?) but is still somehow out to get this beacon of innocence.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 08:572 edits
    The Deep State's agenda is to conceal the evidence that it exists.

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/bohemian_grove.html
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 11:14
    This was researched, thoroughly documented, and published ages ago, with names, dates, places, and enough detail to confirm even Whodey's worst conspiratorial fantasies. The established authorities in the field are C. Wright Mills and G. Wm. Domhoff. Their books are in print and available at amazon (freedom of the press does still exist). Read 'em and weep.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 13:11
    To be a deep state silly.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 13:30
    Originally posted by @whodey
    To be a deep state silly.
    Evil for evil's sake, then. How Victorian to believe in that.
  13. S. Korea
    Moves
    07 Feb '18 23:49
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    It also doesn't sit well with the evidence though such trivialities are unimportant to right wingers.
    How so?

Honestly, I am really open to reading about how it is inconsequential that they used a dossier financed by political rivalries to obtain wiretaps, never knowing at any point that the dossier was politically motivated and privately financed with questionable information.

That really, really doesn't sound trivial, but lay it on me.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 01:11
    How so?

Honestly, I am really open to reading about how it is inconsequential that they used a dossier financed by political rivalries to obtain wiretaps, never knowing at any point that the dossier was politically motivated and privately financed with questionable information.

That really, really doesn't sound trivial, but lay it on me.
    Surveillance of Carter Page would have been justified by publicly known facts. People who give information to law enforcement are often biased, but that does not make the information unreliable in and of itself. It is clear that the wiretaps were not based solely on the Steele dossier and much of the dossier has been verified anyway.

When the Demo memo is released we'll have even more information to show that the right wing spin on this is partisan nonsense.
  15. S. Korea
    Moves
    08 Feb '18 04:01
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Surveillance of Carter Page would have been justified by publicly known facts. People who give information to law enforcement are often biased, but that does not make the information unreliable in and of itself. It is clear that the wiretaps were not based solely on the Steele dossier and much of the dossier has been verified anyway.

When the Demo me ...[text shortened]... we'll have even more information to show that the right wing spin on this is partisan nonsense.
    Alright, fair enough.

See, I just took Devon Nunes' word on it. I am aware that he would be considered a biased source. Surely, he has something to gain from what choices he makes.

For similar reasons, though, I feel that it'd hardly be surprising if bias is a huge factor in how both Trump and Clinton related investigations were handled.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree