1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '17 11:58
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/montana-special-election-house-race-greg-gianforte-rob-quist/

Recently the GOP candidate Gianforte won an election after body slamming a Dim reporter to the ground for being obnoxious.

It is truly amazing how the political landscape has changed over the years. We now have prominent Dims up on stage publically saying "F-Trump and Republicans assaulting reporters and still getting elected.

We are all screwed.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '17 12:091 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/montana-special-election-house-race-greg-gianforte-rob-quist/

Recently the GOP candidate Gianforte won an election after body slamming a Dim reporter to the ground for being obnoxious.

It is truly amazing how the political landscape has changed over the years. We now have prominent Dims up on stage publically saying "F-Trump and Republicans assaulting reporters and still getting elected.

We are all screwed.
    That was a fluke. Montana has a deal where you can mail in your votes, don't have to be absentee. As it happened, 70% of the votes were already in. Weird part is, after the dumping of endorsements, there was a peak in the voting, voting FOR the dude from the right wing. They paniced and wanted their frothing at the mouth ultra right winger to win.

If that had taken place in say California, Oregon, even Alabama or Tennessee, where you go the poles to vote, he would have been creamed by the opposition.

So it was the fluke of the Montana voting system allowing mail in votes that won the election for him.

One thing, he will not be liked on the hill AND he has to go to court over the whole deal and may get a fine and the ultra slim possibility of jail time. Right. Like that is going to happen in an ultra right wing survivalist state....

His survivalist buddies probaby like him even more for showing the balls to stand up to media, even though the reporter weighed in at 150 pounds soaking wet....
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    26 May '17 12:25
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That was a fluke. Montana has a deal where you can mail in your votes, don't have to be absentee. As it happened, 70% of the votes were already in. Weird part is, after the dumping of endorsements, there was a peak in the voting, voting FOR the dude from the right wing. They paniced and wanted their frothing at the mouth ultra right winger to win.

If tha ...[text shortened]... he balls to stand up to media, even though the reporter weighed in at 150 pounds soaking wet....
    Just a note... Oregon also has mail in voting.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '17 13:01
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Well I was using the alternate fact line๐Ÿ™‚ Just stuck out a name๐Ÿ™‚ I wonder then, how many states have mail in V absentee?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '17 13:09
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    That must be a fluke as well.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '17 13:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well I was using the alternate fact line๐Ÿ™‚ Just stuck out a name๐Ÿ™‚ I wonder then, how many states have mail in V absentee?
    Arizona has this, but it is called 'early voting'. Absentee voting is something different.

I'm on the list and get my ballots in the mail weeks before the election, with a deadline to send them back. Beats the long lines at the polls.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '17 13:13
    I think you are all wrong!

These polls tell us that the American voters is soooo sick of the press, we now will vote for those who will kick their arse. ๐Ÿ˜ 

He did break his glasses though. That should at least count for something. ๐Ÿ˜ž
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 May '17 14:43

We are all screwed.
    We're not screwed Whodey. We have you to be our guiding light of wisdom. ๐Ÿ™‚
  9. Germany
    Moves
    26 May '17 14:54

We are all screwed.
    Not a "Dim reporter." He wasn't even American.

Asking critical questions to politicians is the job of journalists, however "obnoxious" politicians may find answering those questions.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '17 15:39

We are all screwed.
    To be fair, the public had been saying "F-Bush" as well. Scores of musicians and other celebs absolutely hated Bush. So that's nothing new.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '17 15:42
    Originally posted by vivify
    To be fair, the public had been saying "F-Bush" as well. Scores of musicians and other celebs absolutely hated Bush. So that's nothing new.
    No, I'm talking about the top brass up on stage saying it.

I realize that most Dims use such foul and disrespectful language, but the top brass saying it seems to be a new development.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 May '17 15:55

I realize that most Dims use such foul and disrespectful language, but the top brass saying it seems to be a new development.
    YouTube
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '17 16:07
    Originally posted by mchill
    We're not screwed Whodey. We have you to be our guiding light of wisdom. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜ต
  14. Germany
    Moves
    26 May '17 16:50

Whatever happened to opposing political correctness?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    26 May '17 16:57

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/sep/02/women.johnmccain

John McCain at a fundraising dinner in Arizona a decade ago: "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father."

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/311686-trump-ny-co-chair-wishes-death-on-obama

Carl Paladino, who served as New York co-chairman for President Donald Trump’s campaign about Michelle Obama:

“Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortable in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.”

Don't pretend Republicans aren't egregious offenders in this area.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree