1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:202 edits
    Glenn Beck...another right wing looney wants to keep the big, bad G'ubment out of everyone's lives, by forming his own little right wing piece of heaven on earth. What's going to happens if someone in their little paradise is robbed, killed, stolen from or get's injured? Who do they turn to?...or does Mr. Beck plan on dispensing justice himself? Earth to Beck...Earth to Beck, communities need rules in order to exist. It's called government! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/glenn-beck-announces-plan-independence-usa-233854956.html
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:25
    Originally posted by bill718
    Glenn Beck...another right wing looney wants to keep the big, bad G'ubment out of everyone's lives. What's going to happens if someone in their little paradise is robbed, killed, stolen from or get's injured? It's going to be every sucker for himself!...or does Mr. Beck plan on dispensing justice himself? Earth to Beck...Earth to Beck, communities need rules in order to exist. It's called government! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    Do you know anyone that thinks government is unnecessary? Me neither. I think you are exaggerating and or distorting his point of view. Why do you do this? Are you just dishonest or so pro government that you need to be told what color underwear to put on by big brother?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:30
    Glenn Beck...another right wing looney wants to keep the big, bad G'ubment out of everyone's lives. What's going to happens if someone in their little paradise is robbed, killed, stolen from or get's injured? It's going to be every sucker for himself!...or does Mr. Beck plan on dispensing justice himself? Earth to Beck...Earth to Beck, communities need rules ...[text shortened]... p://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/glenn-beck-announces-plan-independence-usa-233854956.html
    We will never be without a government. The vacuum formed by eliminating a government will be filled by the very people who eliminate that government. It's obvious. The people who eliminate a government will see themselves as needing to retain the power and control needed to prevent it from re-emerging. They will be the government. History repeats this lesson again and again.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    We will never be without a government. The vacuum formed by eliminating a government will be filled by the very people who eliminate that government. It's obvious. The people who eliminate a government will see themselves as needing to retain the power and control needed to prevent it from re-emerging. They will be the government. History repeats this lesson again and again.
    As long as the distribution of power becomes broader and broader, then the distinction between the "government" and "the people" will become less and less. Once you've gotten to the point where they become indistinguishable (or as close to being indistinguishable as is practically possible) then the state can be said to have withered away.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:46
    Social experimentation. Sounds like a good idea to me.

It may not work. But if people are willing to try, let them be the voluntary guinea pigs.

Why would anyone be upset that he wants to legally set up his own little utopia? Unless he's going to hold people against their will, what's the big deal?
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:53
    Originally posted by sh76

It may not work. But if people are willing to try, let them be the voluntary guinea pigs.

Why would anyone be upset that he wants to legally set up his own little utopia? Unless he's going to hold people against their will, what's the big deal?
    Where will he have it?

In Texas probably.

Don't they want to break away from the Government?
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 16:57
    Originally posted by sh76

Well...it's not really a big deal, it's just silly.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:19
    Seems more like an attempt to get some attention than anything serious. But hey, it's a free country, if people really want to give him 2 billion for his own Beckerland then the best of luck to them.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:21
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Where will he have it?

In Texas probably.

Don't they want to break away from the Government?
    It seems to me that the entire surface of Earth is divided up under the governance of various states. One of them would have to cede territory. The entity to whom they cede it would have to be defined, and there would certainly be strings attached. Certainly some foreign trade would be conducted, some form of currency, qualification of visitors, passport controls, etc. I don't think a government-less utopia is possible if that is what is intended.
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 17:43
    Glenn Beck...another right wing looney wants to keep the big, bad G'ubment out of everyone's lives, by forming his own little right wing piece of heaven on earth. What's going to happens if someone in their little paradise is robbed, killed, stolen from or get's injured? Who do they turn to?...or does Mr. Beck plan on dispensing justice himself? Earth to Bec ...[text shortened]... tp://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/glenn-beck-announces-plan-independence-usa-233854956.html
    Your effeminate side is blasting through again...
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 18:06
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Your effeminate side is blasting through again...
    "The term effeminate is most often used by people who subscribe to the widespread view that males should display traditional masculine traits and behaviours." (wikipedia)

It is good to know we have someone on patrol.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 18:07
    Has he invented his invisibility field yet? Galt's Gulch required such magical technology.
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 18:36
    Originally posted by JS357
    "The term effeminate is most often used by people who subscribe to the widespread view that males should display traditional masculine traits and behaviours." (wikipedia)

It is good to know we have someone on patrol.
    How are you my main man?

No problem if you're gay. You're born that way, I believe that. I have lots of gay friends (although I do not have gaydar, which has resulted in some truly hilarious situations). What I find annoying is when gay men act like bitchy little girls. Bill718's use of the word little is meant to demean and insult, which I find hysterical.
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 19:471 edit
    http://www.orania.co.za/
    http://www.afsaal-op-orania.co.za/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orania,_Northern_Cape
    http://vimeo.com/40233232
  15. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 19:551 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    How are you my main man?

No problem if you're gay. You're born that way, I believe that. I have lots of gay friends (although I do not have gaydar, which has resulted in some truly hilarious situations). What I find annoying is when gay men act like bitchy little girls. Bill718's use of the word little is meant to demean and insult, which I find hysterical.
    I'ts odd you feel I have feminine or gay qualities, considering you don't know me. I'm 58, married, own my own business, and have not owned a firearm in 30 years because I've never been attacked, and don't feel threatened by anyone. I know you enjoy name calling, but these don't appear to be feminine or gay qualities to me. I'm sure you've been taught these verbal bullying tactics in the armed services, but they sound silly here in the real world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree