1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 07:17
    @eladar said
    It is much better not having it blow up to begin with. If the shut down doubles or triples the number of occurrences, that policy is in part to blame.
    But that is not what this thread is about.
    Keep to the point for the umpteenth time.
    Focus!
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 08:34
    @divegeester said
    You are conflating two groups,

Group one: male abusers
    Group two: female partners who are a pain in the ass

There is no evidence that group two is the cause of group one. In fact some of the most docile, quiet and pleasant women still get beaten by their abusive partners.

PS you’re an asshat.
    Are docile and quiet women the only women who are pleasant?

Yes, I get your point and I agree with it, but I'm just wondering if you are conflating docile and quiet with pleasant.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 08:41
    @suzianne said

Yes, I get your point and I agree with it, but I'm just wondering if you are conflating docile and quiet with pleasant.
    Are ignorant, brash and loud men considered pleasant?

Personally, I find little to like in either sex when they're cursed with such qualities.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 08:45
    @eladar said
    It is much better not having it blow up to begin with. If the shut down doubles or triples the number of occurrences, that policy is in part to blame.
    Economic shutdowns don't cause violence. The roots of violence are poor self-discipline and lack of impulse control. It's a character defect, and that's where the blame lies. Grow up, eladar--you have the emotional IQ of a six-year old.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 09:111 edit
    @suzianne said

God created the heavens and the earth and saw that it was good
    Then he created all the animals and he saw that was good
    Then he created the man and he saw that he was good
    But the man was alone so he created women beautiful
    Then god made his first mistake - he gave her a tongue.

Next stupid question please....
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 10:563 edits
    @suzianne said

My woman (that is to say she isn't 'mine' per se, but you know what I mean) is neither docile or quiet, but I have had pleasure in her company for more than four decades.
    By the by, here in Indonesia, violence against women (and children) perpetrated by a man is severely punishable by law, whereas a woman can have at a man by whatever means or implement she sees fit with virtual impunity.

Edit: Unless she, like, kills him, then she might be in trouble, but even then she can claim provocation. On another tack, we have a man in the village whom we call 'Mr Choppy choppy' who hacked his father to death with a machete, but was let off with a warning ( like 'Don't kill your father again' ) because the father was a right bastard and had it coming.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 10:57
    @wolfe63 said
    Are ignorant, brash and loud men considered pleasant?

Personally, I find little to like in either sex when they're cursed with such qualities.
    Are women who stand up for themselves really that distasteful to men?

I say, no. Boys, maybe, but not men.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 11:00
    @indonesia-phil said
    My woman (that is to say she isn't 'mine' per se, but you know what I mean) is neither docile or quiet, but I have had pleasure in her company for more than four decades.
    By the by, here in Indonesia, violence against women (and children) perpetrated by a man is severely punishable by law, whereas a woman can have at a man by whatever means or implement she sees fit with virtual impunity.
    As a side point, I'm against this sort of gender disparity.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 11:10
    @suzianne said
    As a side point, I'm against this sort of gender disparity.
    I suppose one might call it positive discrimination, and I know what you mean.
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 11:521 edit
    @suzianne said
    Are women who stand up for themselves really that distasteful to men?

I say, no. Boys, maybe, but not men.
    Every person has the right and should stand up for themselves.

My exact words; which noted a few distasteful, non-gender aspects of our species, were: "Ignorant, brash and loud". There was no intended implication otherwise.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 11:58
    @indonesia-phil said
    I suppose one might call it positive discrimination, and I know what you mean.
    Well, the entire point of feminism is to seek fair and equal treatment, not to be treated better than men. Anything other than equal treatment is problematic and inherently unfair.

I find that men who aren't insecure in their own personhood have no problem with strong women. Of course there are 'gender narcissists' and misogynists out there, but thankfully, I see fewer of them around than I used to.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 12:16
    @divegeester said
    God created the heavens and the earth and saw that it was good
    Then he created all the animals and he saw that was good
    Then he created the man and he saw that he was good
    But the man was alone so he created women beautiful
    Then god made his first mistake - he gave her a tongue.

Next stupid question please....
    Tsk, tsk...

I sense that you're trying to bait me...

But never let it be said that I'm not accomodating:

God gave Woman a tongue so that Man would forever be reminded who the smart one was. It wasn't a mistake, it was a caution against vanity. And Man has never forgiven her since.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 12:38
    @suzianne said
    Tsk, tsk...

I sense that you're trying to bait me...

But never let it be said that I'm not accomodating:

God gave Woman a tongue so that Man would forever be reminded who the smart one was. It wasn't a mistake, it was a caution against vanity. And Man has never forgiven her since.
    A few years ago I was cutting a hedge and my wife was holding the ladder. You do realise why you're the one up the ladder she said? Not really? It's because men don't have the strength of character to handle it the other way round so they end up with all the experience using the cutters. I could find no come back. Some weeks later she cut through the cable whilst using the hedge cutter (a modern well insulated one). I realised that she had still played the perfect move, I still had no comeback as this had been set up to happen by man's lack of strength denying her experience. They say autism is under diagnosed in female children since a lack of sophistication in social communication still leaves them well on a par with same age males.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 12:47
    @petewxyz said
    A few years ago I was cutting a hedge and my wife was holding the ladder. You do realise why you're the one up the ladder she said? Not really? It's because men don't have the strength of character to handle it the other way round so they end up with all the experience using the cutters. I could find no come back. Some weeks later she cut through the cable whilst using the h ...[text shortened]... lack of sophistication in social communication still leaves them well on a par with same age males.
    Hah!
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Apr '20 12:53
    @wolfe63 said
    Every person has the right and should stand up for themselves.

My exact words; which noted a few distasteful, non-gender aspects of our species, were: "Ignorant, brash and loud". There was no intended implication otherwise.
    I agree that people who are ignorant, brash and loud (I'd add arrogant) are rather intolerable regardless of their gender.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree