1. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 16:58
    @metal-brain said
    That has not been proven.
    He was convicted for illegal campaign payments, paid at the direction of Donald Trump.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 20:17
    Caught up on some reading in this thread which has been going on for some time now.

A couple of thoughts.

On the withdrawal of forces in Syria and subsequent resignation of General Mattis.
    If Obama had suggested the same course of action and the military generals had disagreed with the action, I think the president would at least have heard them out.
    And maybe gone ahead with his original decision. And the generals wouldn't have liked it.
    But at least there has been a mutually respectful discussion.
    I am quite certain that this isn't the first time a sitting POTUS has made a decision that didn't sit well with his advisors.
    But I think Mattis resigned because he got tired of trying to explain global military strategy to an idiot that keeps telling them that he knows more than they do.
    (This clown during an impromptu press briefing last week told the audience "Nobody knows more about drone technology than I do".
    This when trying to dismiss a suggestion of using drones at the border.
    That's exactly what I heard)

On the subject whether hush money came out of personal or campaign finances.
    IMO .... I personally think that this debate is an exercise in semantics.
    Yes, there is a question of legality in this debate
    But I prefer to place the emphasis on the word "hush" in hush money.
    I've gotten tired of the legality debate on the sexual indiscretions of this president.
    I've put the question out before.

Would Donald Trump have won the election in 2016 if the two women had come forward to the media two weeks before the election ??

Simple question really.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 20:24
    @kazetnagorra said
    He was convicted for illegal campaign payments, paid at the direction of Donald Trump.
    Allegations are not proof.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 21:53
    @metal-brain said
    Paying hush money is not illegal.
    The illegal part is not paying hush money, that happens all the time. The illegal part is the intent, and the intent was CLEARLY to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.
    That was already stated by Cohen. Under oath. In court.
    You can't get around that with make a wish foundation to protect Trump. He is a criminal, and in my mine treasonous also, except we are not officially at war with Russia but kissing Putin's ass in public, just about, at that summit, saying Putin was STRONG in his denial of breaking into DNC computers. What planet are you from that you can still protect this cretin?
    That is just the START. About the 'hush money' when asked on AF 1, you must have seen that bit, asked about knowing about hush money payment, No, knew nothing about it.
    Now we know not only did he know, he DIRECTED the operation for Cohen to act on.
    Then saying a few days ago the Russian invasion of Afghanistan was justified because there were terrorist attacking in Russia.
    Totally false, that was Trump just passing on Russian propaganda in their effort to change history. NOBODY in the US would have EVER said the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was condoned, necessary and such. It was a HUGE mistake on the Soviet's part and now they are trying to rehabilitate the Soviet political stance by literally rewriting history and Trump, stable genius that he is, well CLAIMS to be,
    parrots that same like. Gee, just like a nice little Russian operative like Butina.
    You forget about his scam charity organization that has been forced out of business and his family and perhaps T himself in legal jeopardy about that and the Trump university scandal he paid some 25 million in fines.
    Just for the immediate crap.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 11:06
    @sonhouse said
    The illegal part is not paying hush money, that happens all the time. The illegal part is the intent, and the intent was CLEARLY to affect the outcome of the 2016 election.
    That was already stated by Cohen. Under oath. In court.
    You can't get around that with make a wish foundation to protect Trump. He is a criminal, and in my mine treasonous also, except we are not off ...[text shortened]... hat and the Trump university scandal he paid some 25 million in fines.
    Just for the immediate crap.
    There is no proof of intent.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 14:55
    @metal-brain said
    There is no proof of intent.
    Do you know what the word "proof" means in law?
    https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/proof

There is direct evidence of Trump's illegal intent i.e. Cohen's statements Individual -1 directed him to arrange the payments to influence the election as well as ample circumstantial evidence i.e. the meeting between Pecker, Cohen and Trump shortly after he announced his campaign where Pecker agreed to help Trump's campaign by "catching and killing" stories of affairs by Trump, the taped converstaion between Cohen and Trump discussing the MacDougal payoff, the timing of the payments weeks before the election, etc. etc. etc. All this is sufficient proof of intent for a jury to find Trump guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. It is almost certain that where he not President, he would have been already indicted for criminal campaign finance violations.

https://cmgwsbradiojamiedupree.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/michael-cohen1.pdf Pages 11-19
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 14:59
    @metal-brain said
    Trump disagreed with them because all of their solutions were with bombs and bullets. It would have been better if DJT realized it sooner, but better late than never.
    Bringing more troops home is a good thing. Screw Lindsay Graham.
    Don't you feel a little foolish now that John Bolton, of all people, is announcing there will be no withdrawal from Syria by the US in the foreseeable future?
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 15:07
    @no1marauder said
    Don't you feel a little foolish now that John Bolton, of all people, is announcing there will be no withdrawal from Syria by the US in the foreseeable future?
    No. It is not surprising since DJT has broke that same promise before. Why would I feel foolish when a habitual liar lives up to his reputation?
    What about Afghanistan? Has he changed his mind a third time?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:171 edit
    @metal-brain said
    No. It is not surprising since DJT has broke that same promise before. Why would I feel foolish when a habitual liar lives up to his reputation?
    What about Afghanistan? Has he changed his mind a third time?
    So it's ok with you that Egypt is just waiting in the wings to decimate the Kurds, our allies? Does the term ally mean NOTHING to you? If your friend was surrounded by 3 thugs and you walked up on them would you just continue on your way or would you step in to help your friend?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 20:25
    @sonhouse said
    So it's ok with you that Egypt is just waiting in the wings to decimate the Kurds, our allies? Does the term ally mean NOTHING to you? If your friend was surrounded by 3 thugs and you walked up on them would you just continue on your way or would you step in to help your friend?
    Don't you mean Turkey?

I don't have any Kurd friends. Saudi Arabia is an ally and they are thugs. Explain that logically without being a hypocrite. Why do we have thugs as friends?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 23:34
    @metal-brain said
    Don't you mean Turkey?

I don't have any Kurd friends. Saudi Arabia is an ally and they are thugs. Explain that logically without being a hypocrite. Why do we have thugs as friends?
    Because we have a thug as president.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 00:13
    @sonhouse said
    Egypt isn't anywhere near the Kurds. You must mean Turkey?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 01:51
    @no1marauder said
    Do you know what the word "proof" means in law?
    https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/proof

There is direct evidence of Trump's illegal intent i.e. Cohen's statements Individual -1 directed him to arrange the payments to influence the election as well as ample circumstantial evidence i.e. the meeting between Pecker, Cohen and Trump shortly after he announced ...[text shortened]... ns.

https://cmgwsbradiojamiedupree.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/michael-cohen1.pdf Pages 11-19
    You are really dense. Cohen made statements? That is your proof?
    Here is another statement. You are stupid.
    There you go, proof you are stupid.

Don't argue with your own logic.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 02:20
    @sonhouse said
    Where did you get the idea that the Kurds are our allies?

TURKEY is our ally.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree