1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 05:13
    Originally posted by e4chris
    These sites provide misleading adverts, with a link to a misleading article, sometimes recommending a cheap pill at a high price, sometimes offering financial return in exchange for... your card number please... stealing card numbers deliberately or by deceit is a big problem on the net. I wouldn't like it if someone I knew, even me (there was a tasc r30 fraud case) was caught out, so I don't think these adds should be allowed.
    I agree that fraudulent advertising should be stopped, but I am less convinced that Google should be the police man.
    I am also not convinced that every case you have mentioned is a case of stealing credit card numbers. I must also point out that most credit cards have some sort of fraud protection ie you should be able to get your money back. If you do, then the credit card companies have a financial interested in stopping fraud.
    If however the companies are selling you products you don't want, or that don't meet your expectations then it becomes harder to deal with because you might have to bring a civil case to deal with them.

also your bold tactic is trolling, I shouldn't have to put up with it
    What do you mean by this? Are you saying I shouldn't quote you in bold? Its not trolling, its standard practice on this site and intended only for clarity.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 05:18
    adverts are good but about 1/3 of the adverts on rhp in the uk are these con ads, I listed them at the start of the thread, and they are sent by google
    Actually they got to you via RHP. Why are you blaming Google alone and not RHP? Both Google and RHP get a cut of any money you spend on those sites. Both have a financial interest in leaving them alone.
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 05:215 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I agree that fraudulent advertising should be stopped, but I am less convinced that Google should be the police man.
    I am also not convinced that every case you have mentioned is a case of stealing credit card numbers. I must also point out that most credit cards have some sort of fraud protection ie you should be able to get your money back. If you do, ...[text shortened]... you in bold? Its not trolling, its standard practice on this site and intended only for clarity.
    ok welcome back

in the uk with a debit card your are not entitled to your money back and with a credit card you are (via the card company not the site, why I would cancel the site) .... so there's not always the protection you imagine, for me everything I buy on the net I buy over the phone. I don't like the chances of getting money back from the site or the claimed £13k p/m.

re google as cop, they should be, like I said my card is not going anywhere near the net whilst this type of con add is on my laptop and I have no control over it.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 06:39
    like I said my card is not going anywhere near the net whilst this type of con add is on my laptop and I have no control over it.
    My advice is to avoid all adverts too.
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 13:103 edits
    My advice is to avoid all adverts too.
    Agree but they shouldn't be there in the first place. I wonder if google think online payments work by magic, that pixies secure them. The net is full of fraud by deceit - 419 letters, their adds, and fraud by theft of card details, plain hacking. They obviously don't care about either. I notice a lot of banners for offline products on rhp, Nivea skin care, Kia cars, they use the banners like tv. But i'd say they're no good for online shops google just creates a window where you look but don't buy, how can they have any interest in your cards safety when 1/3 of the adds are frauds...
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 13:21
    make $170 a day

http://careernewsweekly.com/uk/finance/?sub1=t
    Good thing I already make 300 bucks a day.....
  7. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    22 Oct '13 13:351 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Good thing I already make 300 bucks a day.....
    splendid 🙂
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 11:141 edit
    I'm not saying google as a whole is bad, they got there first...

but there adsense program, the blue triangle, is full of fraud and bogus adds. Fraud is the right term as they are advanced fee frauds like 419 letters, and its not acceptable.
  9. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 11:571 edit
    Google should be made to refund the people who are tricked by these sites, a big $ loss would make them wake up.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 12:04
    Google should be made to refund the people who are tricked by these sites, a big $ loss would make them wake up.
    Should RHP and your ISP also be charged? If not, why not?

Also, who gets to decide whether you were tricked or not, ie who decides that the ads are fraudulent?

Who pays the legal fees?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 12:08
    Here in SA, we have an advertising standards authority where you can complain about advertising.
    However, what usually happens is they demand that the advert be withdrawn, and that is all. I do not think the deal with credit card fraud or other types of fraud not directly linked to advertizing.
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 12:11
    Here in SA, we have an advertising standards authority where you can complain about advertising.
    However, what usually happens is they demand that the advert be withdrawn, and that is all. I do not think the deal with credit card fraud or other types of fraud not directly linked to advertizing.
    We have one as well, but it must get complex where foreign / US companies try to rip of UK consumers with bogus ads on the net, its hard to track down ... unless you are sending out the fraud ads... We do have advertising standards but its usually TV ads that get the complaints I think...
  13. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 19:083 edits
    I want people to not use their card in association with google, until they get rid of the '419' adds.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 19:161 edit
    I want people to not use their card in association with google, until they get rid of the '419' adds.
    Who cares what you want? You're a blatant capitalist hedonist. Even the other capitalist hedonists don't like you because you're openly homosexual.
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Oct '13 19:292 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    duhh.
    yes die somewhere why don't you, I'd sell you the chloroform not the cancer cover, is that better...

trolling POS

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree