1. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 13:51
    I've been looking for polls and or statistics without any luck so far, but I was wondering if there was any evidence to suggest a correlation between those who most virulently oppose gun control, and those who oppose birth control and any form of environmental constraint imposed by groups such as the EPA.
  2. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 14:18
    Originally posted by kmax87
    I've been looking for polls and or statistics without any luck so far, but I was wondering if there was any evidence to suggest a correlation between those who most virulently oppose gun control, and those who oppose birth control and any form of environmental constraint imposed by groups such as the EPA.
    I have never come across anyone like that. I think there isn't much of a link as the anti gun control folks are concerned with the 2nd amendment rights. That may overlap with some religious folks that also go along with the churches rule against birth control. But as far as the environment goes, if you mean sensible environmental measures that are not associated with big money corruption such as the Al Gore greenhouse BS. that group is usually financially biased. In other words their company and occupation relies on raping the earth. There probably is some overlap in each group but their motives are driven by completely different factors.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 14:25
    According to statistics, six out of seven dwarfs are not happy.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 14:42
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    According to statistics, six out of seven dwarfs are not happy.
    And the other one is quite the gay fellow.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 16:043 edits
    The little research I just did (like google on research correlation conservative positions issues) suggests that the correlation is so widely accepted that there is little or no academic research specific to your question.

But some of the reports like

http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/for.2005.3.2_20120105083450/for.2005.3.2/for.2005.3.2.1076/for.2005.3.2.1076.xml

http://poq.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/1/51.short

suggest that among the general population there is less clustering of positions on the issues, than there is among activists on the left and right. So because we have "activists" on this forum who have a firm ideological wellspring (say, anti big government mixed with theocratic leanings) driving them, we may be led to think that their clustering of their positions on guns, birth control and climate change, not to mention gay issues, taxation and the role of the executive and supreme court and even health care, is more representative of the wider population, than the data on the wider population actually would show.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 02:00
    Not sure of statistical correlation data, but surely a common thread with what you describe in lower-than-average IQ with the occasional odd exception.
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 02:01
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Not sure of statistical correlation data, but surely a common thread with what you describe in lower-than-average IQ with the occasional odd exception.
    Moon thinks if your not gay your not smart.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 12:44
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Moon thinks if your not gay your not smart.
    Joe you gay?
  9. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 12:47
    Joe you gay?
    I know better than to answer this but I will play along. No I am not.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    07 Feb '13 16:26
    It's possible, but I don't think so. Those are very different issues. You might be able to draw some general conclusions, but that's all.
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 03:09
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's possible, but I don't think so. Those are very different issues. You might be able to draw some general conclusions, but that's all.
    Still, my guess would be a striking common thread of generally lower-than-average IQ.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 05:16
    Still, my guess would be a striking common thread of generally lower-than-average IQ.
    Moon thinks if he puts down others IQ enough times that someone will be convinced he has a high IQ. Good luck with that!!!
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 05:532 edits
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Moon thinks if he puts down others IQ enough times that someone will be convinced he has a high IQ. Good luck with that!!!
    My IQ is above average but not too high. Though my penis size is well above average, and size matters.

Yet, seriously, studies have shown a correlation between social conservatives and low IQ, for example.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 06:32
    My IQ is above average but not too high. Though my penis size is well above average, and size matters.

Yet, seriously, studies have shown a correlation between social conservatives and low IQ, for example.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100224132655.htm

shows some correlation between IQ and the ability to be liberal
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Feb '13 11:49

Lol Be careful saying stuff like that here. Some of these fellers might start hitting you up for a date.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree