Debates Forum

Debates Forum

Guns

Standard memberwhodey
Debates 07 Oct '15 00:34
  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Oct '15 00:34
    Guns, guns, guns, guns, guns!! Yet another thread about guns.

    So if you were a gun, what kind would you be?
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    07 Oct '15 02:23
    I don't know, but you would be a rubber band.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Oct '15 03:031 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I don't know, but you would be a rubber band.
    Rubber bands will be banned later. After all, you can put an eye out with those darned things.

    But right now we are only talking about guns.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    07 Oct '15 04:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rubber bands will be banned later. After all, you can put an eye out with those darned things.

    But right now we are only talking about guns.
    http://www.rubberbandguns.com/
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    07 Oct '15 08:44
    Originally posted by whodey
    Rubber bands will be banned later. After all, you can put an eye out with those darned things.

    But right now we are only talking about guns.
    you so clever. your sarcasm: top notch
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65546
    07 Oct '15 08:521 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you so clever. your sarcasm: top notch
    You're being sar car stick are ewe?

    Here's some 'you so clever' lack-wit sarcasm:

    zahlanzi 'MURICAAAAAAA!!!!! FUK YEAAAAAH!!!1 *SICK GUITAR RIF*
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    07 Oct '15 08:582 edits
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You're being sar car stick are ewe?

    Here's some 'you so clever' lack-wit sarcasm:

    zahlanzi [b]'MURICAAAAAAA!!!!! FUK YEAAAAAH!!!1 *SICK GUITAR RIF*
    [/b]
    that wasn't sarcasm, that was a very appropriate explanation for america's gun fetish.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65546
    07 Oct '15 09:311 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that wasn't sarcasm, that was a very appropriate explanation for america's gun fetish.
    I don't think the word 'explanation' means what you think it means.

    I can help you out with 'appropriate' though. It's the opposite of inappropriate, as in:

    It is inappropriate to assign a trait (in this case a'gun fetish' ) to an entire nation state, the US is comprised of many millions of individuals, each with their own point of view.
  9. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    3298
    07 Oct '15 22:552 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Guns, guns, guns, guns, guns!! Yet another thread about guns.

    So if you were a gun, what kind would you be?
    I wouldn't be a gun. If I felt I had to own one however, I'd own a 1911 model .45 auto. Compact, moderate recoil, and plenty of stopping power. Hit something with a Colt .45, and it won't be getting back up and walking around. I used to shoot in competition, but have not owned a gun in 30+ years. The Glock 9mm is a sissy version of the .45 ! 😏

    http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=301
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    08 Oct '15 13:23
    Originally posted by bill718
    I wouldn't be a gun. If I felt I had to own one however, I'd own a 1911 model .45 auto. Compact, moderate recoil, and plenty of stopping power. Hit something with a Colt .45, and it won't be getting back up and walking around. I used to shoot in competition, but have not owned a gun in 30+ years. The Glock 9mm is a sissy version of the .45 ! 😏

    http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=301
    The Glock 9mm is a sissy version of the .45 ! 😏

    The Glock 17 (full sized 9mm) isn't remotely like a 1911 .45, Colt or other clone. The Glock is a DAO, holds 17 rounds in the magazine, and is striker fired, no external hammer.
    The 1911 .45 is a single action semi auto, with an external hammer, holds 7 rounds in the magazine.

    The two guns are not even similar, never mind the same. By the way, I recently read an article by a ballistics expert who asserted that the modern 9mm cartridge is very close in stopping power to the old .45, with less recoil, more range, and as cited more magazine capacity.

    I must honestly admit that I bought the .45 hype for years, and carried a high capacity .45 made by ParOrdinance. These days, I'd buy the Glock. The big difference is in the trigger. Glocks are adjustable, but from the factory are pretty heavy, whereas a lot of custom .45s have virtual hair triggers. Much more likely to have an unintentional discharge, which is why so many cops carry Glocks, to limit liability.
Back to Top