Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56305
    01 Jul '18 03:55
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44669002

    There’s a new ad out selling razors for women. Nothing nee there, except there is. Seemingly it’s the first razor-for-women-advertisement which actually shows women with hairy armpits, legs and tummy.

    Well, thought I, interesting, but not really something I’m that interested in. Hell, as I used to write: “You’re not really European until you’ve licked the sweat from the hairy armpits of a French woman.”

    But... I’m ashamed to say, even I draw a line. And it’s in the advert. Sort of.
    Monobrows and upper-lip hair.

    I find both rather distressing.
    Indeed, I have no problem with homosexuality, but there idea of kissing someone with a moustache sends shivers down my spine.
    Pubic hair: fine.
    Facial hair: disgusting.

    This whole hipster look with men with beards and lumberjack shirts... sweet Jesus... it’s like one of those 1840 freak show circus cages has broken open and the physically nausiating have escaped into society.

    Am I the only person with a lip hair repulsion?
    And does anyone actually ever think or care about toe hair???
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    01 Jul '18 04:26
    Weird, I just made a comment yesterday in General Forum related to this. I said that I got so used to seeing women hairless, that I almost forgot they had to work to be like that.

    Male or female, I don't want to see armpit hair.

    My wife once told me that when she was young, about the age of puberty, her father wouldn't allow her to shave her legs. For some reason, he equated women having shaved legs with being sexually active or available. Might have something to do with him being old-school Italian.

    Anyway, my wife was mocked by other girls whenever she went to a pool, beach or had gym class. She said she used to cry constantly about it to her mom, but her dad wouldn't waiver. It wasn't until she was a teen that her dad finally let her shave her legs.

    My wife has always stayed hairless, even during pregnancy (one of her friends actually got waxed the day before she was scheduled to deliver a baby). My wife said that she doesn't feel "clean" unless she's completely smooth. I've never actually asked her if she felt that way because of what she went through as a child, but I'm sure it plays a big part.

    I have a brother-in-law who spent many years as a gym rat, and removes all body hair once a week. I think men look better without body hair too.
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88874
    01 Jul '18 06:24
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Weird, I just made a comment yesterday in General Forum related to this. I said that I got so used to seeing women hairless, that I almost forgot they had to work to be like that.

    Male or female, I don't want to see armpit hair.

    My wife once told me that when she was young, about the age of puberty, her father wouldn't allow her to shave her legs. ...[text shortened]... gym rat, and removes all body hair once a week. I think men look better without body hair too.
    I’m sure your wife will feel honoured in knowing that her ex-hirsute nether bits were being discussed on a chess website. 😵
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92192
    01 Jul '18 23:03
    This is a lot to think about
    There are a lot of guys with hipster / lumberjack beards these days
    All I know is chicks shouldn't have hair on back of their hands
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    02 Jul '18 04:09
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44669002

    There’s a new ad out selling razors for women. Nothing nee there, except there is. Seemingly it’s the first razor-for-women-advertisement which actually shows women with hairy armpits, legs and tummy.

    Well, thought I, interesting, but not really something I’m that interested in. Hell, as I used to wr ...[text shortened]... person with a lip hair repulsion?
    And does anyone actually ever think or care about toe hair???
    So you DON’T touch yourself to pictures of Frida Kahlo?
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56305
    02 Jul '18 08:34
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    So you DON’T touch yourself to pictures of Frida Kahlo?
    I don’t know who that is, but I touch myself to pictures of everyone. Including your mum.
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    02 Jul '18 16:02
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I don’t know who that is, but I touch myself to pictures of everyone. Including your mum.
    https://www.frida-kahlo-foundation.org
Back to Top