1. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:06
    Is it always morally wrong to hate?

Or is it only morally wrong to hate what is lovable?

Should one hate what is hateful, as well as love what is lovable?

Indeed, is it morally remiss not to hate, but to love, what is hateful, just as it is morally remiss not to love, but to hate, what is lovable?

Furthermore, are only people who hate what is lovable just targets of hatred themselves? Or are also people who love what is hateful just targets of hatred too? It seems to me that liberals believe mostly the first, conservatives mostly the second.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:08
    Originally posted by IshDaGegg

Indeed, is it morally remiss not to hate, but to love, what is hateful, just as it is morally remiss not to love, but to hate, what is lovable?

Furthermore, are only people who hate what is l ...[text shortened]... red too? It seems to me that liberals believe mostly the first, conservatives mostly the second.
    we hate what we fear. a much healthier response is to overcome the fear until only dislike remains.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:33

Furthermore, are only people who hate what is l ...[text shortened]... red too? It seems to me that liberals believe mostly the first, conservatives mostly the second.
    Hate is an appropriate response to certain situations. First reason, then emotiion. If you have a reason to hate something then it is correct to hate.
  4. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:42
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Hate is an appropriate response to certain situations. First reason, then emotiion. If you have a reason to hate something then it is correct to hate.
    One shoud not hate one's enemies; just eliminate tham.
  5. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    we hate what we fear. a much healthier response is to overcome the fear until only dislike remains.
    Well, I hate Hitler, but don't fear him any longer, because he is dead. Does this not falsify your assertion?
  6. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:48
    Is it correct to love without reason? Or is reason only needed to hate?
  7. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:48
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    One shoud not hate one's enemies; just eliminate tham.
    Why shouldn't you hate them?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:49
    I don't attach moral value to emotions, but generally I don't think hate is very constructive.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:51
    Well, I hate Hitler, but don't fear him any longer, because he is dead. Does this not falsify your assertion?
    only if you stick to your definition of hate. i say you only despise hitler.

hate implies a spenditure of energy and a rise in blood pressure that is unnecessary. we should all strive to eliminate this kind of hate.
  10. Joined
    09 Jul '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't attach moral value to emotions, but generally I don't think hate is very constructive.
    You just did.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:52
    Is it correct to love without reason? Or is reason only needed to hate?
    Any emotion should be preceded by reason. Do you walk around laughing maniacally for no reason? That would make you a lunatic. Or burst into tears for no reason?
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:53
    It's not morally wrong. It's just a waste of time.
    In fact, hating costs energy. And that energy could be better used to do something constructive, which in the long run will make that person happier.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hate may prompt one into correct action. eg defence.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:56
    No it doesn't. That would be fear (either rational or not).
    Hate just consumes time. Time which could be better spent actually doing something constructive (eg defence).
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 12:57
    thats fear

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree